Has anyone worked at First Responder?

Loshi

Forum Probie
Its an ambulance company in CA. I've seen it around more than a couple times but I can't find any worker reviews or know anyone that works for them.

chrls

Forum Crew Member
I've heard them called worst responder more than once. They did lots of IFT when I left the Sacramento area.

Have to agree with @gotshirtz001 on this one.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
But, if they offer you a job, take it... And then get a different one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I need to go to sleep. I read AS not AT and was staring dumbfounded at the screen....until I realized my mistake. :D

OP
OP
Loshi

Loshi

Forum Probie
They're a union, I'm not sure if my union pay comes out of my pocket or if thats why they offered to pay me 10.50...

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
It's $10.50 an hour to start but they have some way of calculating extra money per call. That said, they are a revolving door and seem to embrace that. If you want to learn the system, may as well get paid to do it. Knowing where the hospitals are and a general sense of the county will help greatly if you plan on working 911; the trick is picking the right county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Loshi

Loshi

Forum Probie
Thanks Sandpit, I just read your post, I was actually offered a job from Alpha One and actually talked to Tom... I decided not to take the job. I took the job with First Responder and I plan on working there for a year or less so that i can somehow transfer to a hospital. I wonder if they still have the say classes to become a A-EMT. That would be cool.

I was offered a job with Flack too but I couldn't do the 125lb lift... because its a lot more than what I weigh.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Thanks Sandpit, I just read your post, I was actually offered a job from Alpha One and actually talked to Tom... I decided not to take the job. I took the job with First Responder and I plan on working there for a year or less so that i can somehow transfer to a hospital. I wonder if they still have the say classes to become a A-EMT. That would be cool.

I was offered a job with Flack too but I couldn't do the 125lb lift... because its a lot more than what I weigh.
Congratulations on the job. Best of luck to you.