HALL AMBULANCE

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
Before going in I learned all about Hall and The owner. They serve an area the size of new jersey, Harvey Hall is the mayor of Bakersfield and is in his 4th term of office. Etc.

Don't waste your time down there. If I would have came to hall from the beginning id already be a 4 yr medic.
You'd probably be a relief supervisor by now if you started your career at Hall. And oh man I'm laughing my *** off at some of these comments.

shawnpen13

Forum Ride Along
I'm actually considering applying to hall as well after I finish my emt class this summer. How are they with working with your school schedule? I'm debating commuting from corona to Bakersfield. Drive gonna suck lol.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm actually considering applying to hall as well after I finish my emt class this summer. How are they with working with your school schedule? I'm debating commuting from corona to Bakersfield. Drive gonna suck lol.
They will not work with you. If you can do school, great. They won't make an exception for you.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Hall has a reputation of crushing anyone trying to move onto their turf. I still remember the lawyer prepared letters telling us to piss off or else. Otherwise I always hear great things about them and everyone I talk to who works for Harvey says the pay is great. Almost to a cult like following lol

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Hall has a reputation of crushing anyone trying to move onto their turf. I still remember the lawyer prepared letters telling us to piss off or else. Otherwise I always hear great things about them and everyone I talk to who works for Harvey says the pay is great. Almost to a cult like following lol
Cults have to trick you into following them. Hall doesn't have to use trickery!

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
How exactly were you trying to "move onto their turf"?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Hall is great for CA, but Texas still beats both hands-down.

Angel

Paramedic
hall is probably the closest CA will get to Texas as far as EMS goes
Im curious how Falck will do though...

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
hall is probably the closest CA will get to Texas as far as EMS goes
Im curious how Falck will do though...
Falck is still restricted by county protocols. Doesn't matter how good a company is of the county policies are wacko

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
How exactly were you trying to "move onto their turf"?

It happens to deal with medical/fire standby for offroading events. Harvey found out that we where doing some medical standby in his AOR and flipped. We did basic fire suppression, extraction, and medical standby but would not transport. Fire Marshal always signed off on the event permits. Harvey thought in his mind we where working around the system. Fire Marshal backed us up but Harvey put his army of lawyers to work. In the long run Harvey got his way and had at least a BLS with two EMTs at the event charging $150 an hour.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
It happens to deal with medical/fire standby for offroading events. Harvey found out that we where doing some medical standby in his AOR and flipped. We did basic fire suppression, extraction, and medical standby but would not transport. Fire Marshal always signed off on the event permits. Harvey thought in his mind we where working around the system. Fire Marshal backed us up but Harvey put his army of lawyers to work. In the long run Harvey got his way and had at least a BLS with two EMTs at the event charging $150 an hour.
There are still companies that do exactly that, with Hall Ambulance there for transport.