HALL AMBULANCE

rreed056

Forum Probie
Just got an email to attend the Hall Ambulance EMT Academy Testing and Orientation Program. I RSVP'd today and received conformation probably about 20 minutes later. I'm rather impressed with the response time of Hall Ambulance, I read last class they got 1200 applicants so that's pretty impressive.

Sorry for clogging up the thread so much, hopefully this will be able to help others in the hiring process and or give somewhat of a timeline.

Applied: 11/07/2016
Behavioral Assessment Test: Received & Completed 11/09/2016
Orientation Invite: 11/10/2016 (Date of Orientation 11/29/2016)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just got an email to attend the Hall Ambulance EMT Academy Testing and Orientation Program. I RSVP'd today and received conformation probably about 20 minutes later. I'm rather impressed with the response time of Hall Ambulance, I read last class they got 1200 applicants so that's pretty impressive.

Sorry for clogging up the thread so much, hopefully this will be able to help others in the hiring process and or give somewhat of a timeline.

Congrats, and good luck:).

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief

Good luck. You'll have to do a ride along. Decent chance you could get me!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Good luck. You'll have to do a ride along. Decent chance you could get me!

IMG_0001.JPG

I kid, I kid...you all have fun now, hear?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm looking forward to the ride along! Granted I do well on the test and interview, gotta brush up on the math portion.

Oh snap... what did I get myself into lol
@NPO and I have worked together before. Rest assured, if you do a RAL with him, you'll be fine.

Reactions: NPO

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember NPO from when we worked at a service together SOLID provider. You won't regret it if you ran with him. Same goes for VentMonkey another SOLID provider ive had the joy of working with. I can count on my hands the people I would want taking care of me or my own (knock on wood) that I would have the grace of either one. Hall is the cream of the crop when it comes to EMS in California. Congratulations, be safe and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The application process is longer only because no one gets contacted until the hiring closes, where as EMT and paramedic are continuous.

The interview will not differ. The interview also does not lean on medical knowledge, more personal and professional traits. They ask questions about you being a leader, you facing adversity, etc.

Our company prides itself on being a professional employer, not a stepping stone to your next big thing. Humility and respect go a long way here because we have a lot of people who have been around for a LONG time. We still employ one of the first licensed California paramedics, although he's not in the field anymore. We also tend to do things a specific way. We call it "the Hall way." 90% of the things in this category have a purpose and a reason behind them, even if it's not readily apparent.

I feel like this post is worth reiterating; it's very true, and he brings up a valid point. Now granted, humility, and respect go a long way in general in life, the company is very much big on public perception, and imagine. There are quite a few "zero tolerance" policies in place that would have probably been downplayed at any other place I have worked.

Do people use this place at a stepping stone? Sure, but many have been here for a very long time, and still overall seem to enjoy what it is they do. I can't say that for many other private ambulance companies in this state. What I've highlighted that @NPO mentioned should be taken in by any potential candidate, or applicant who applies here. Without the structure that they promote here, we'd most likely be just another California private ambulance provider.

rreed056

Forum Probie
I feel like this post is worth reiterating; it's very true, and he brings up a valid point. Now granted, humility, and respect go a long way in general in life, the company is very much big on public perception, and imagine. There are quite a few "zero tolerance" policies in place that would have probably been downplayed at any other place I have worked.

Do people use this place at a stepping stone? Sure, but many have been here for a very long time, and still overall seem to enjoy what it is they do. I can't say that for many other private ambulance companies in this state. What I've highlighted that @NPO mentioned should be taken in by any potential candidate, or applicant who applies here. Without the structure that they promote here, we'd most likely be just another California private ambulance provider.

I'll be honest, I didn't get out of the military to pursue a career in the medical field let along Emergency Medicine. I stumbled across Hall Ambulance while searching for jobs in the area and I'm glad I did. You guys honestly do seem like a good bunch of people that take pride in your employer and love your job. Every time I come on here I feel more drawn to Hall Ambulance. Really looking forward to the orientation and get my foot in the door so to speak.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
If I wasn't tied to Texas, I'd be at Hall's door (and might still go there if the politics get weird here).

jesiah

Forum Ride Along
A question for you Hall guys, just real curious. You guys wear the baby blue shirts with no badge, but the badge insert area is still there? And does everyone wear the shoulder/ epaullete ornaments as well? Just wondering, never seen those shoulder flaps ever actually used haha. Are you guys issued hats? And what kind of jackets or outer wear are you issued?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A question for you Hall guys, just real curious. You guys wear the baby blue shirts with no badge, but the badge insert area is still there? And does everyone wear the shoulder/ epaullete ornaments as well? Just wondering, never seen those shoulder flaps ever actually used haha. Are you guys issued hats? And what kind of jackets or outer wear are you issued?
1. No badges
2. Yes, we all wear epaulets. There are no other "ornaments" on out shoulders.
3. No hats, caps, but plain black or blue beanies may be worn in inclement weather only.
4. The kind that keep us warm. It has a removable liner in it.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
No badges. Only the older 5.11 shirts have the spot for the badge. We no longer do business with 5.11 unfortunately.

Epaulettes are given to people who have completed training. Black ones are available for times of mourning.

No hats. Not allowed. But we can wear a beanie.

Jackets are quite nice I think. The come with a tick removable liner so you can have a shell, or a very woam coat for in the mountain communities. It also has a removable collar that keeps your neck warm.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
No badges. Only the older 5.11 shirts have the spot for the badge. We no longer do business with 5.11 unfortunately.

Epaulettes are given to people who have completed training. Black ones are available for times of mourning.

No hats. Not allowed. But we can wear a beanie.

Jackets are quite nice I think. The come with a tick removable liner so you can have a shell, or a very woam coat for in the mountain communities. It also has a removable collar that keeps your neck warm.

Double post;)...though yours is much more articulate.

Reactions: NPO

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
No hats? Oh dear God the bed head that people probably have on those midnight calls...