Halfway through Dubin's Rapid Interpretation of EKG's book...

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
This should be required reading for every medic program in the galaxy. What a consise, easy to read book about a subject that many folks struggle with. If you havent already read it, buy it now.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ahhhh....the simplified EKG bible. I freaking love that book. I'd be rather lost in cardiology right now without it.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I believe you're talking about Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, right?

I bought it as an EMT-Basic and lent it to many of my colleagues working on their medic cert. That was the book for learning EKGs.

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm hopefully getting it for Christmas. Even tho EKG is nowhere in my scope I'd still like to know what is going on.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Haha I just posted in the directionless that I was reading it. Didnt see this thread.

Its awesome! All the pieces are fitting together. I love it.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I enjoyed it, it made learning EKGs a lot easier. Now if only my 12 lead book from Bob Page would get here I could be the ultimate EKGer...or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anjel

Forum Angel

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
We used to call it "That other orange book".

A classic. Yes, read it.

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Yes. This book is awesome. Starting Medic training soon and my mom (emergency room nurse) suggested this book to start learning. I love how it starts at the most basic and gets into more detail. A few nights with this book and I have learned a ton!!

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
Just picked it up and I'm excited to start learning!! :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Dubin was required in my Medic program, and I've given three copies as presents to friends starting medic school.