Ha! I'm baaaaccckkk!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If they are out in the bay and you have a heavy patient on the stretcher, and they are out in the bay,

You mean they have to be in the bay twice before the plan will work? Crap.

just look helpless for about a minute and they'll wander over to put them in the ambulance for you.

Better plan--- be a female. Damsel in distress syndrome.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You mean they have to be in the bay twice before the plan will work? Crap.

Better plan--- be a female. Damsel in distress syndrome.

Ah, should read "If you are in the bay and they are in the bay"

rmellish

Forum Captain
Not to sound shallow, but I would absolutely have to wear the stethescope around my neck, to look "more professional" :p jk, start pounding me with rude insalts now, I dunt care :)
-Cory-

Oh the things you'll realize once you actually start working in the field...

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
So he is training to be a FF? J/K

speaking of that, tonight i was filling my car up with gas, and there was an accident at the intersection. So i wonder over there and everyone was walking around. One person said that they had pain in there shoulder and neck. So i held c-spine (had mid-line pain). The FF's show up and they just stood around me. None of them grabbed a collar or took over c-spine. I was not in uniform and never said i was an EMT to them. They finally did take c-spine after the paramedics showed up and told them to take over c-spine lol

Hockey

Quackers
speaking of that, tonight i was filling my car up with gas, and there was an accident at the intersection. So i wonder over there and everyone was walking around. One person said that they had pain in there shoulder and neck. So i held c-spine (had mid-line pain). The FF's show up and they just stood around me. None of them grabbed a collar or took over c-spine. I was not in uniform and never said i was an EMT to them. They finally did take c-spine after the paramedics showed up and told them to take over c-spine lol

Eh once I see people moving around I just go back to doing my usual things

Sure I'll call 911

If people are entrapped I'll help.

I'm not touching anybody (like holding c-spine)

He wants to move around so be it. They'll think I'm just some homeless man on scene anyway

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Eh once I see people moving around I just go back to doing my usual things

Sure I'll call 911

If people are entrapped I'll help.

I'm not touching anybody (like holding c-spine)

He wants to move around so be it. They'll think I'm just some homeless man on scene anyway

I told the patient that i was an EMT and also dispatch, i didnt say anything to the FF

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I told the patient that i was an EMT and also dispatch, i didnt say anything to the FF

Smart idea... the big words just confuse them anyway... :p j/k

(Take all my FF jokes with a grain of salt... I love most of my local FFs, work with them, and consider them to be on the same team as me... just don't think much of their EMS abilites or desires... That is not a reflectiion on anyone here, just a joke.)

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
(Take all my FF jokes with a grain of salt... I love most of my local FFs, work with them, and consider them to be on the same team as me... just don't think much of their EMS abilites or desires... That is not a reflectiion on anyone here, just a joke.)

I agree Res, there only jokes. i work closely with them everyday!

Everyone that is FF, I love you guys, and think highly off you, and i have nothing against you guys! We all have our jobs so Just remember when I get on scene
"if the patient is not on fire, get out of my way" :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sail195

Forum Lieutenant
paramedichopeful can we get mabey on post that doesn't have a four letter word spelled out to 20 letters or a million exclamation points lol... I am beginning to think your keyboard is broken lol

Cory

Forum Captain
paramedichopeful can we get mabey on post that doesn't have a four letter word spelled out to 20 letters or a million exclamation points lol... I am beginning to think your keyboard is broken lol

That's how I always know it's him

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I agree Res, there only jokes. i work closely with them everyday!

Everyone that is FF, I love you guys, and think highly off you, and i have nothing against you guys! We all have our jobs so Just remember when I get on scene
"if the patient is not on fire, get out of my way" :p

Fine then, I wont help you with CPR. Well see whose arms get tired first mine crossed while standing there, or yours doing compressions. :p

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Another piece of advice for ya.... which may push ya to leave the seatbelt cutter in your truck... I have NEVER used a seatbelt cutter and its not often you have to cut a seatbelt... most of the time the release button still works fine. In the cases you do... use Trauma Shears.

I have always been told to cut the seatbelt (depending on how beat up from the wreck the car is) so that LE knows that they were wearing it.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I have always been told to cut the seatbelt (depending on how beat up from the wreck the car is) so that LE knows that they were wearing it.

Really? That's pretty interesting.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Fine then, I wont help you with CPR. Well see whose arms get tired first mine crossed while standing there, or yours doing compressions. :p

haha, hold on, you know what CPR is??? :p that word is not to big for you lol

what do u think the LEO are for? they can help with compressions while i sit back and bag the patient

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
That's how I always know it's him
awww. makes me feel special to know that i have my own little place on here. lol i know im probably a pass in the ain a lot, but things have been ok with every1. watch; now tomorrow some1 will probly say something and then the fit will hit the shan big time. jk jk, i know things will b ok. :)

and i am NOT putting a stethescope around my neck!!! i ain't having some PMS- ing crackhead yank my chain while im leanin over that stretcher! it can happen; my main instructor actually has a mark on his neck from it.! and i did try out the trauma shears on a junk car that the FF used for extraction training last week: they worked fine, so the hell with the cutter- its gonna stay at home.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay, now that is taken care of this thread is reopened.

No more warnings...if I have to remove another post from a thread because of crap like was posted here, somebody is getting a 30 day vacation from the forum.