Ha! I'm baaaaccckkk!!!

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
yeah i'm back . sorry i aint had time 2 get on and chat it up with every1; Mosby's EMT-B textbook is very time consuming and interesting. i love my class and i think i am starting to actually like the other guys in class; at least i have somewhat started to trust them. i kinda toned it down some on the appearance thing. now i go in with my issued uniform on, shined boots, a notebook, and my textbook and workbook. the laptop stays in the truck unless i need it. the seat belt cutter is on the belt, and the stethescope is in the cargo pocket. i have a sharpie and an ink pen in my shirt pocket. that's about it. actually, its kinda nice not to be packin' around an ER in your pockets.

i have adjusted really well to my instructors; and i seem to ahve become the one that always helps do the demonstrations in front of everyone else. by the way, those friggin' bodybags need to be breathable!! sheesh, give the dead some air lol. yeah, they did the whole " if u make a mistake this is what u could end up with" skit. convinced me; no one (regardless of the life status their body holds) should ever heve to get in one of those things. oh, and me and my classmates got to strap the main instructor down on the backboard and carry him around upside down today. tomorrow i have my first test on what i learned so far; wish me luck! i love it, every minute of it!!! and yes, i did kind of ask everyone else at lunch the other day how they thought they were doing. 1 said he wasn't liking it too well, the other 3 said it was ok but they hadn't gotten used to it yet. how strange would it be if i were the only one that graduated from the class?

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Lose the seatbelt cutter and replace it with Trauma Shears. Least then you will have something to cut seatbelts, clothes, and whatever else needs cutting... a lot more versatile.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Did you have a stroke? What happened to the perfect English grammar and spelling you always do?

Glad you're enjoying it.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Lose the seatbelt cutter and replace it with Trauma Shears. Least then you will have something to cut seatbelts, clothes, and whatever else needs cutting... a lot more versatile.

Oh gosh. I actually agree with you. Someone check hell, it might have frozen over.

Hockey

Quackers
yeah i'm back . sorry i aint had time 2 get on and chat it up with every1; Mosby's EMT-B textbook is very time consuming and interesting. i love my class and i think i am starting to actually like the other guys in class; at least i have somewhat started to trust them. i kinda toned it down some on the appearance thing. now i go in with my issued uniform on, shined boots, a notebook, and my textbook and workbook. the laptop stays in the truck unless i need it. the seat belt cutter is on the belt, and the stethescope is in the cargo pocket. i have a sharpie and an ink pen in my shirt pocket. that's about it. actually, its kinda nice not to be packin' around an ER in your pockets.

i have adjusted really well to my instructors; and i seem to ahve become the one that always helps do the demonstrations in front of everyone else. by the way, those friggin' bodybags need to be breathable!! sheesh, give the dead some air lol. yeah, they did the whole " if u make a mistake this is what u could end up with" skit. convinced me; no one (regardless of the life status their body holds) should ever heve to get in one of those things. oh, and me and my classmates got to strap the main instructor down on the backboard and carry him around upside down today. tomorrow i have my first test on what i learned so far; wish me luck! i love it, every minute of it!!! and yes, i did kind of ask everyone else at lunch the other day how they thought they were doing. 1 said he wasn't liking it too well, the other 3 said it was ok but they hadn't gotten used to it yet. how strange would it be if i were the only one that graduated from the class?

Well didn't listen too well regarding the advice eh?

Well theres not much more to say then

63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Good to see your still excited though ;)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wow, you seriously didn't listen to anybody's advice here eh?

Well theres not much more to say then

63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

Jackson_popcorn.gif

oh my god, he chews like a cow.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
with all honesty i can say that i have thought about leaving the belt cutter in my truck; we have at least 1 in every rig. and no, i wasn't taken out back! and i din't have a stroke; im just really tired right now and dont feel like being all proper and crap tonight. btw lol about the grazing rapist clip

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Another piece of advice for ya.... which may push ya to leave the seatbelt cutter in your truck... I have NEVER used a seatbelt cutter and its not often you have to cut a seatbelt... most of the time the release button still works fine. In the cases you do... use Trauma Shears.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Paramedichopeful... what all have you learned so far? Teach us something.

He can carry you around on a backboard upside down. Probably with improper body mechanics.

Cory

Forum Captain
Well, I think it's great your enjoying it. There is something to be said about doing soething you [so far] love.

Not to sound shallow, but I would absolutely have to wear the stethescope around my neck, to look "more professional" :p jk, start pounding me with rude insalts now, I dunt care :)

Anyway, I hope you're learning a lot. I hope your test goes well. I'm glad you let loose some. And the trauma shears thing actually sounds like a good idea.

-Cory-

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Trust me... a stethoscope around your neck for long gets to be a pain in the ***... especially when its 90 degrees out... not very comfortable.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So he is training to be a FF? J/K

Hey I learned a REALLY good thing about firefighters. If they are out in the bay and you have a heavy patient on the stretcher, and they are out in the bay, just look helpless for about a minute and they'll wander over to put them in the ambulance for you. I think I just found a way to save my back for years to come :p