foods that are easy to eat while driving

griffithsgriffin

Forum Crew Member
so I am not so much as driving and eating as I am eating behind the wheel while waiting. The ambulance I work for starts all new hires out by doing IFT's, so I am by myself. Anyone have any suggestions for foods that are easy to eat (ie don't necessarily require a spoon or fork) besides sandwiches? I don't know if I can eat another sandwich again! Thanks!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Beer. Plenty of carbs to get you through the day.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I keep a couple of these in my bag. Combine one of these with a bunch of water and I'm good to go. I try and keep peanut butter and honey sandwich halves ready too because they're cheap, easy to eat, and keep.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Burritos. Burritos all day, every day.

I don't care, I'll eat anything.:lol:

I used to be that way, but my love handles started causing problems and my colon became a gatekeeper to what it believes my therapeutic daily burrito dose should be. Cross that fragile dosing line and you start to look for excuses to check for meds in patients restrooms... :rofl:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Carl's Junior hamburgers, definitely.

carls_paris-hilton_2.jpg

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
I also thought that a good bowl of soup with some dunking crackers fit the bill.

Oh yeah, and the other guy is driving. :)

mycrofft

Seriously, buy some plastic containers and make salads with lots of meat and cheeses and stuff and a disposable fork, and a paper towel or two. Or hearty sandwiches made with real breads, not that flat mushy junk from the store's shelves. Add some things for flavor like kalamata olives, coarse ground pepper, bean sprouts.
Me, after twenty years driving i to work at sunrise, my breakfast three years into retirement is still a peanut butter sandwich, sometimes with honey, and a double-decker if I'm on the road, washed down with fresh homemade coffee. Used to be Mr Pibb, but had to go decaf.

mycrofft

Scalding hot coffee and long-strand spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, those Junior Burgers are very tasty... but too many of those and too many fries... and too many sodas have taken their toll. They are, however, very easy to eat on the road.

I used to be on a See Food Diet... and eat it.

276a9-see-food-diet-seafood-diet.jpg

Now I only see food and eat some of it...