Flight Paramedic, Ask Me Anything

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
If you have been a medic who is primarily assigned to an engine, and hasn't spent time on an actual transport unit, most flight programs are going to want some other expierence to back that up.

Most private companies will hire though without a ton of expierence and with 5 years as a medic you can surely sell yourself to find a transport job... Find out who does most of the critical care IFT in your area and go apply with them. That will be the most beneficial move I think you could make now to compete for a flight spot down the road, coupled with the additional things we previously discussed. Good luck.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Thanks man. That test is truly difficult.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
C-NPT. But part of that was due to the narrowness of the material and that it's information isn't as commonly used as the FP-C

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
oof! Yeah, that's impressive.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
C-NPT. But part of that was due to the narrowness of the material and that it's information isn't as commonly used as the FP-C

Just out of curiousity did you have any Peds/Neo expierence? I didn't think that exam was terribly difficult but was working on a Neo/Peds flight program at the time..

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
The FP-C was certainly a challenging exam, but slightly less so than the CFRN in my opinion- given that I failed that on my first attempt (the day after I passed my initial FP-C).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just out of curiousity did you have any Peds/Neo expierence? I didn't think that exam was terribly difficult but was working on a Neo/Peds flight program at the time..
Just the normal 911 calls and cct pediatric calls. I love pedis though and want to move to workin with them specifically eventually

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hey guys.
I'm looking for info on AMR Flight.

Do we have any AMR Flight medics here?
If so, is it run like most of AMR or is it in line with other providers in regards to scheduling/pay/mgmt?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey buddy...I can put you in touch with the #1 guy in CO and the #1 guy in FL. You know where to reach me...

FYI, the guy in CO is actually #1 for the entire AMR program.