First call?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Failed suicide attempt with a 22 rifle......... Twice! Damn he was mad when he woke up the second time!

EMT B

Forum Captain
I think it was my first call as a junior member...we had a structure fire and we were providing emotional support to a woman who lost her dog...we also gave her a little oxygen cause she tried to go back in after her dog

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
First call in EMS with any level of training? Not a clue.

My first call as an actual EMT was an ankle injury.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
There's another thread on this topic floating around somewhere. To rehash though, mine was hemorrhoids.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Seizure. Fought that poor postictal man like his life depended on keeping him calm...because I was too dumb to know that Dog Piling the Postictal Person makes them anything but calm. :wacko:

(then I took a Wilderness EMS class and learned that a lil TLC goes a long way with patients)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Stroke, Billy Squier did a song about it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Heat stroke

Anonymous

Forum Captain
Drunk and homeless wallowing in own feces outside liquor store....

Welcome to EMS.

I forgot to touch on the smell. It was so bad most people in the ER put on masks and they took him and the gurney to the decon room.

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Drunk and homeless wallowing in own feces outside liquor store....

Welcome to EMS.

I forgot to touch on the smell. It was so bad most people in the ER put on masks and they took him and the gurney to the decon room.

That's pretty much ALL of my calls.

My first call was a heroin OD.

eventer22

Forum Crew Member
Not working yet.... But as a student? 1 year old with diaper rash. She didn't have a ride to the hospital to get more cream for her poor little boys rash that turned into a yeast infection.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
We received a call for an unresponsive male. Rolled up on scene and entered the home to find a male in his 70s unresponsive, no pulse at carotid, rigor Mortis and lividity. First call.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I think the very first call I took while on ambulance (as a high schooler on a job shadow program) was a difficulty breathing that turned into a "manhunt" for a retired police officer with some sort of psychiatric issue who ran from the crew, into the road, and then the woods. She was found with the engine's thermal imaging camera.

The first call I was "paid" for was for a lady who was stuffing plastic bottles down her shirt to protect herself (from what I am not sure) while defecating in buckets. So there's that.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I don't remember what my first call was today.... :unsure:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My first call was... On an ambulance.

phideux

Forum Captain
An unresponsive midget in a special care center.

That sorta thing sticks with you.

I have a friend of mine that would have run out of the room on that one, Deathly afraid, and totally freaked out when a "little person" is around. But only midgets though, he's fine with dwarfs. :wacko:

My first call was a scooter vs curb vs 2nd scooter. First scooter lost control and went down at around 30mph. Scooter guy was supposedly wearing his helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and he lost it when he wrecked, nailed back of his head on the granite curb. me, my partner, and the fire guys had him packaged up when the county medic rig pulled up, when I grabbed his head to stabilize it I could feel the soft spot, they took him from us and ran,he didn't make it. When he wrecked, his 14yo nephew driving the scooter behind him, drove into the downed scooter, and him, and flipped over the handle bars, his helmet stayed on and he got bruised and rashed up a bit, but walked out of the ER a few hours later.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a friend of mine that would have run out of the room on that one, Deathly afraid, and totally freaked out when a "little person" is around. But only midgets though, he's fine with dwarfs. :wacko:

See, I was so amped up and squirrely, it being my first time at an emergency ever, that I didn't even notice until I tried to put the pulse ox probe on (my sole contribution to patient care at that call). I went to put it on and thought "Those are some small fingers....ohhhhh"

I like to think I've become more observant since then. :ph34r:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
There's another thread on this topic floating around somewhere. To rehash though, mine was hemorrhoids.

Sounds like a pain in the butt.*

I sincerely apologize for that. It's been a long day! :p