Fell asleep and got caught.... oops

Silverstone

Forum Probie
This is a video of me and my partner one night when we fell asleep in the ambulance. We didn't hear that we got sent to refuel so we could go home, obviously cause we were sound asleep. Our ambulances have G-Force cameras in them, and they hit the panic button to video tape themselves waking us up.... :glare:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
they were parked. WHy do you need a seat belt to sleep?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think Track was talking about the crew waking up the crew that was sleeping.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
lmao that was freakin hilarious.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
i'm glad we don't have those cameras, they might catch me picking my nose, or trying to sing. lol.

OP
OP
S

Silverstone

Forum Probie
i'm glad we don't have those cameras, they might catch me picking my nose, or trying to sing. lol.

They catch us doing all sorts of bad stuff.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
I'd like to see what it looked like on their camera. :lol:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I am so ashamed that you would post this. Does your service know you posted it? What must the public think of us when they see people asleep in the ambulance. If you must stage 1 person should stay up front awake. Then the other person nap in the back out of sight.

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
I am so ashamed that you would post this. Does your service know you posted it? What must the public think of us when they see people asleep in the ambulance. If you must stage 1 person should stay up front awake. Then the other person nap in the back out of sight.

uhm....fire get's to sleep all they want. They even have beds! This really isn't an issue as long as you get up when you hear the radio.

medic417

The Truth Provider
uhm....fire get's to sleep all they want. They even have beds! This really isn't an issue as long as you get up when you hear the radio.

Fire is out of sight. Notice I said they could sleep but in shifts. Why, so they do not give public bad idea and also so they do not miss radio calls like they did in this case.

kymtgpro

Forum Probie
I understand getting some shut eye whenever possible, but one of them should have been awake... take turns.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Fire is out of sight. Notice I said they could sleep but in shifts. Why, so they do not give public bad idea and also so they do not miss radio calls like they did in this case.

That's why if you sleep you clip the pager right by your ear and set it on a really loud and annoying tone to wake you up, then go on pager!

vquintessence

Forum Captain
That's why if you sleep you clip the pager right by your ear and set it on a really loud and annoying tone to wake you up, then go on pager!

No, no, no. You clip it to your partners ear after they've dozed off. :excl:

medic417

The Truth Provider

This is a video of me and my partner one night when we fell asleep in the ambulance. We didn't hear that we got sent to refuel so we could go home, obviously cause we were sound asleep. Our ambulances have G-Force cameras in them, and they hit the panic button to video tape themselves waking us up.... :glare:

Seems they didn't hear. One person should always be awake. Plus it looks bad, unprofessional to see an ambulance parked with two people asleep drooling on their shirts.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Seems they didn't hear. One person should always be awake. Plus it looks bad, unprofessional to see an ambulance parked with two people asleep drooling on their shirts.

Sounds like they just missed a radio call, The radio doesn't normally beep like crazy for that, at least at my old service it didn't. That's why you go "On Pager" meaning you will not be reachable by radio but will be reachable by pager, clip the pager which is set on an annoying as heck ringtone, clip it right by your ear.

Worked for us. We also slept in the back, one on the bench seat, one on the stretcher. Not necessairly to be "out of sight" but waking up after sleeping in a chair always leaves you with a crick in your neck!

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Sounds like they just missed a radio call, The radio doesn't normally beep like crazy for that, at least at my old service it didn't. That's why you go "On Pager" meaning you will not be reachable by radio but will be reachable by pager, clip the pager which is set on an annoying as heck ringtone, clip it right by your ear.

Worked for us. We also slept in the back, one on the bench seat, one on the stretcher. Not necessairly to be "out of sight" but waking up after sleeping in a chair always leaves you with a crick in your neck!

So missing a radio call is ok? Actually it should have resulted in disciplinary action. To hear the radio, to make sure sure staging area stays safe, etc are reasons to keep at least one of the two awake.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So missing a radio call is ok? Actually it should have resulted in disciplinary action. To hear the radio, to make sure sure staging area stays safe, etc are reasons to keep at least one of the two awake.

Does that mean you should never ever leave the truck? After all, if your company doesn't do portable radios, you might miss a radio call.

Oh wait, that's what the PAGER is for.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Does that mean you should never ever leave the truck? After all, if your company doesn't do portable radios, you might miss a radio call.

Oh wait, that's what the PAGER is for.

One person in the ambulance and hit siren partner can run back to ambulance problem solved.