fdny emt civil service exam

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Make sure you list it all on your paper you don't want to be disqualified because you with held information. I have had 3 infractions in the paste 4 years and I wrote them down and they said they were no big deal. The points come off your license in 2 years but it stays on there. I think they did say you only had to list stuff since you were 18 though.

When you go for the psychological. You have to list stuff starting from 7th grade. No joke.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Sounds good .. How long does it usually take ? I still have to revise 1 page of my packet when I get there.

The meeting was only like 15 minutes but takes forever for it to be your turn.

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
They call you in the order of which you arrive and sign in. So get there super early.so your one of the first to be called from the sign in sheet. Early in. Early out.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
They call you in the order of which you arrive and sign in. So get there super early.so your one of the first to be called from the sign in sheet. Early in. Early out.

I was there 45 minutes early and it still took forever. It took them forever to call the first person.

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I was there 45 minutes early and it still took forever. It took them forever to call the first person.
I know. But once you start getting called, things finally start to speed up... Kinda lol

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
List number

Hey, does anybody know what list number FDNY/EMS is up to from the 2012 test?

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, does anybody know what list number FDNY/EMS is up to from the 2012 test?

They finished with exam 2004 list and started on our exam 3024 They stopped at number 53... For the September class they will be calling numbers starting with 54. 150 per class. A lot of people were disqualified so.you need to factor that in along with those who turned fdny down to stay within.the hospital for more money...

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Exam 3024. My number was an 812? I feel like that can be wrong considering i havent heard of anyone getting a number higher than the 100's.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Exam 3024. My number was an 812? I feel like that can be wrong considering i havent heard of anyone getting a number higher than the 100's.

We are all talking about exam 3024. There hasn't been one since. My list number is the early 300's. Some people have list numbers in the 1000's. I am not sure what you mean by people not having numbers higher than 100.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
They finished with exam 2004 list and started on our exam 3024 They stopped at number 53... For the September class they will be calling numbers starting with 54. 150 per class. A lot of people were disqualified so.you need to factor that in along with those who turned fdny down to stay within.the hospital for more money...

Where do you get these exact numbers? I am very skeptical that they are accurate.

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant

They are looking to rush this list through due to the fact that they are losing 700+ ems workers to the actual fire academy... They are already in the upper 600's with the physical agility testing.... Expect a letter within the next 2 months

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
two months? That would be nice. Do you think i would be called for a class coming up?

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
two months? That would be nice. Do you think i would be called for a class coming up?

Most likely not however I don't know how many people have been disqualified or turned fdny down. If anything you will be in the January class

lwhite2012

Forum Probie
They are looking to rush this list through due to the fact that they are losing 700+ ems workers to the actual fire academy... They are already in the upper 600's with the physical agility testing.... Expect a letter within the next 2 months

Do you know how far up the 600s they got up to?

lwhite2012

Forum Probie
They don't make this information available so the best anybody on here can give you is a guess.

I'm aware of that. I asked her because she seems to know someone in the "upper" 600s, just like I low someone in the 590s.

I'm dead smack mid 600s so if she saying "upper" than maybe I missed some mail.

I called Fdny and they won't even tell me if something was supposed to be mailed or not.