fdny emt civil service exam

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Psych went well this morning. Got started at 830 and was finished around 1030.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Ryan, what is your list number (or you can just give a range)? I'm in the mid-400s and waiting on my intake. Do they call you or send something in the mail?

They send you letter in the mail for just about everything i think .I'm mid 300s

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
They send you letter in the mail for just about everything i think .I'm mid 300s

Everything is in the mail until you get the phone call that you are starting the academy. They may also call you if there is an issue anytime along the way.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Same here .. I think I left around 10:45 .. Now just have to wait for medical

Nice, those 567 questions were a bit ridiculous. Have fun at your medical. It took forever and you can't leave till everyone is done. Luckily there weren't many people there my day.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Nice, those 567 questions were a bit ridiculous. Have fun at your medical. It took forever and you can't leave till everyone is done. Luckily there weren't many people there my day.

Hah I'm just excited to almost be finished with the process

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Hah I'm just excited to almost be finished with the process

Same here, today was my last step as far as I know. I haven't heard from my investigator since my intake. I know all my medical stuff is good. I guess now the big wait begins.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Same here, today was my last step as far as I know. I haven't heard from my investigator since my intake. I know all my medical stuff is good. I guess now the big wait begins.

That's exciting!!... Hopefully I hear about my medical this week or the following week

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Guys should I bring my glasses to my medical ? I see well without them .. Haven't worn then since I was 14 somehow they still fit on my face lol

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Guys should I bring my glasses to my medical ? I see well without them .. Haven't worn then since I was 14 somehow they still fit on my face lol

There is a vision test I it isn't as easy as I was expecting lol

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
is there another period of time where you formally meet with your investigator besides intake? other then if you need to hand in documents?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
it been a week today for me and i havent heard anything.. I had documents i had to turn in which i brought on the day of my psych and i called to ensure they were received .. i just wasnt sure if there was another formal meeting.. i guess after medical the waiting game begins !!

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
it been a week today for me and i havent heard anything.. I had documents i had to turn in which i brought on the day of my psych and i called to ensure they were received .. i just wasnt sure if there was another formal meeting.. i guess after medical the waiting game begins !!

Yeah I am assuming that is where I am now. I am gonna wait till next week and night check in with my investigator just to make sure.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
does anyone know if you usually only get asked to go to a medical if you will be tentatively attending the following academy ?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Would anybody be able to shed some light on what the difference is between being on oustanding certification and not being on it? Thank you.