FDNY EMS Candidates

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
No, I had about 8 or 9 previous jobs and it didn’t make a difference. Only thing that could affect it is how you were as an employee and if you were fired/ why you were fired, even then if you were honest with the investigator on why it should be fine.
Cool, thanks.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Call dcas auto phone enter your stuff in find out

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Random question, but for those in the academy.....
What do you do for lunch?
During your lunch break, do you get to leave and pick up food if you have a car?
Can you even go into your car during lunch break?

Rory

Forum Crew Member
During your lunch break, do you get to leave and pick up food if you have a car?
Break, lunch in bag

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant

You won’t have time to leave the base and get back. Some people bring stuff, if you don’t, at the beginning of the day they past around a menu from a local deli that delivers at lunch time. Unless you have some seriously good pipes, avoid sluggo at all costs. You’re taking your life and digestive system into your own hands getting anything from that truck.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

during the AM they have a food truck and Lunch order, but be smart and save your cash flow. Bring your own lunch.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member

First few weeks you won’t have time for much besides running to your car and back, after you break up into squads they’ll give you a little more time which is enough to drive to a nearby 7/11 and pizza place but be sure to stay in full uniform when you leave base.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
You won’t have time to leave the base and get back. Some people bring stuff, if you don’t, at the beginning of the day they past around a menu from a local deli that delivers at lunch time. Unless you have some seriously good pipes, avoid sluggo at all costs. You’re taking your life and digestive system into your own hands getting anything from that truck.

Sluggo is still serving poison hahahaha.
First few weeks you won’t have time for much besides running to your car and back, after you break up into squads they’ll give you a little more time which is enough to drive to a nearby 7/11 and pizza place but be sure to stay in full uniform when you leave base.

I am going to share a lil story about what happen to a probie we all liked.
Lunch time he would run out to the nearby deli, well it was full this day and he was running late.
So he drove back to BOT in a rush cutting off a FDNY (FIRE) Battalion chief while running a red light. Well after the @$$ reaming he had laid into him, and lucky he wasn't booted out of the academy. He was punished with he could never ever park inside Fort Totten for the remainder of the academy.
So he had to walk all the way from the outside parking lot to class. OH WHY DIDN'T ONE OF US GIVE HIM A RIDE ?
We were all warned that we would be parking right alongside him out there. plus something extra.
If you could do your best not to leave and running into problems like the one I just told you. Bring or order off the menu.
Have fun I see,, I see they changed up a few things since I was a probie.

Last edited:

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the replies. Will definitely pack a lunch or order (definitely not from sluggo).

Can you go in ur car and check your phone during the break?

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the replies. Will definitely pack a lunch or order (definitely not from sluggo).

Can you go in ur car and check your phone during the break?

Yes you can. Just remember to back inside at the time they tell you to ho back.

Future923

Forum Crew Member
Do I have to report if I plan to get another job while in the academy.

At estimate what does our first check look like. They keep saying we will be depressed. We started on a pay week so it should cover 2 weeks right?