FDNY EMS Candidates

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
To those that were at Fort Totten today, Gotta say you guys were running and the day didn't even start lol. Don't burn yourselves out so early in the AM. relax til you have to go in. when you are settled in do yourselves a favor and take the study group before your 7 am class. usually starts at 6/6:30 don't remember. You will benefit from these study group class with the instructor.
Enjoy your time at the Fort.
Haha, well, we don’t want to end up on the DIs nerves.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
To those that were at Fort Totten today, Gotta say you guys were running and the day didn't even start lol. Don't burn yourselves out so early in the AM. relax til you have to go in. when you are settled in do yourselves a favor and take the study group before your 7 am class. usually starts at 6/6:30 don't remember. You will benefit from these study group class with the instructor.
Enjoy your time at the Fort.

They have to double time whenever on base regardless if their tour started or not, but I also had a couple of guys in my squad that would show up early a few days a week to run before class.

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
Hey, I think I saw the answer on here, but can’t find it. So I apologize for asking again. I’m older so I have had a lot of jobs. My main job was seasonal so I worked many jobs very short periods of time. I just got my earnings statement from SSA. I would need to request extra data sheets. Do they want every single job or I thought I read on here just jobs that you were employed for more than a year. Thanks for any help.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
If it’s on your detailed earning statement, you gotta list it. Stuff that was “off the books” you don’t need to.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey, I think I saw the answer on here, but can’t find it. So I apologize for asking again. I’m older so I have had a lot of jobs. My main job was seasonal so I worked many jobs very short periods of time. I just got my earnings statement from SSA. I would need to request extra data sheets. Do they want every single job or I thought I read on here just jobs that you were employed for more than a year. Thanks for any help.
Unfortunately YES THEY DO sad but true (off the books no need), SO get going getting all your paper work.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
They have to double time whenever on base regardless if their tour started or not, but I also had a couple of guys in my squad that would show up early a few days a week to run before class.

Holy crap things have changed from not so long ago. Cracking down.
Well we found them entertaining and eager to get it down. Wish them all luck.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
A little confused by this.
They're doing their daily run before class or they're doing a voluntary run before class plus what they have to do during class??

Also, yes, it seems a lot has changed/is changing with from previous classes and procedures. So I'll do everything by the paper that was given to you by them.

Don't know if it was posted here but they've changed the medical and psych procedure.
It's now done on the same day. The psych is done on the computer. I went in around 6am and was out by 2pm. Everyone in ur group finishes together

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
A little confused by this.
They're doing their daily run before class or they're doing a voluntary run before class plus what they have to do during class??

Also, yes, it seems a lot has changed/is changing with from previous classes and procedures. So I'll do everything by the paper that was given to you by them.

Don't know if it was posted here but they've changed the medical and psych procedure.
It's now done on the same day. The psych is done on the computer. I went in around 6am and was out by 2pm. Everyone in ur group finishes together

Yeh they ran on their own voluntarily around 5-6am ish then showered and went to roll call or extra help

Nyems

Forum Ride Along
If you quit your current ems job for something else while waiting for fdny to call you. Will it affect you?

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
If you quit your current ems job for something else while waiting for fdny to call you. Will it affect you?

No it shouldn’t as long as you leave your current job on good terms, and send an email to your investigator letting them know about your change in employment.

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
So, as I fill out my paperwork for the intake, and like I said before on here. I’m older and had a lot of different jobs. Will that harm my being hired? With so many jobs. I just feel like the investigator is going to throw my packet in the garbage when I hand it over and they look through everything lol. I’m going to give it shot no matter what, just figured I’d ask.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
So, as I fill out my paperwork for the intake, and like I said before on here. I’m older and had a lot of different jobs. Will that harm my being hired? With so many jobs. I just feel like the investigator is going to throw my packet in the garbage when I hand it over and they look through everything lol. I’m going to give it shot no matter what, just figured I’d ask.

No, I had about 8 or 9 previous jobs and it didn’t make a difference. Only thing that could affect it is how you were as an employee and if you were fired/ why you were fired, even then if you were honest with the investigator on why it should be fine.