FDNY EMS Candidates

Dreamybluesky

Forum Crew Member
Today I had my intake interview and my investigator told me that I will get a letter to have the medical and psych test on the same day. He said we start early and end somewhere in the afternoon. That way we don't have to make multiple trips to Metro. Anyone else heard this recently? I'm exam#7031 list#14X

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
Today I had my intake interview and my investigator told me that I will get a letter to have the medical and psych test on the same day. He said we start early and end somewhere in the afternoon. That way we don't have to make multiple trips to Metro. Anyone else heard this recently? I'm exam#7031 list#14X
I read in past posts they do it the same day. Both psych and medical.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant

That’s correct. I was told the same and just received my date for medical and psych today in the mail.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
How does the order for getting calls for intake work, I heard people with higher list #s got called for theirs and I haven’t yet

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
How does the order for getting calls for intake work, I heard people with higher list #s got called for theirs and I haven’t yet

I was contacted by my investigator to pick my own date and if available it would be scheduled which I did while I heard others got assigned a specific date. I guess it’s all about how good and how on top of things your Investigator is.

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
Wow you guys got lucky, my pysch and medical were on different days. I was the list before you (7000) must of just changed

Dreamybluesky

Forum Crew Member
Received my letter in the mail today for my medical and psych in 2 weeks. Exam 7031 list #2x
I was contacted by my investigator to pick my own date and if available it would be scheduled which I did while I heard others got assigned a specific date. I guess it’s all about how good and how on top of things your Investigator is.
I agree. I got called 3 weeks after my PAT and asked on what date I can make it. I choose a week after the call but he said I could choose any date but before 3 weeks.

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
I was called for intake(7031 #31*) , I told investigator I requested some paperwork I needed and did not receive it yet (school transcripts and such)so he scheduled me three weeks from now. Which was great so I can be prepared when I go and have all paperwork needed.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
I was called for intake(7031 #31*) , I told investigator I requested some paperwork I needed and did not receive it yet (school transcripts and such)so he scheduled me three weeks from now. Which was great so I can be prepared when I go and have all paperwork needed.
Nice I’m 323 didn’t get called yet.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
I think my group was one of the first to do medical and psych the same day.
You go in at like 6:45am and get out I think around 2pm. You finish as a group. So even if you finished all the med stuff u still have to wait for the last person to finish. It was about 30 of us I think

emtbluefloor

Forum Ride Along
I passed my PAT/drug test ( Exam #7031, List # in 100's), but haven't heard back anything. Should I be concerned, given that people in the 300's are getting calls?

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
I passed my PAT/drug test ( Exam #7031, List # in 100's), but haven't heard back anything. Should I be concerned, given that people in the 300's are getting calls?
I wouldn’t be concerned. I was called tuesday for intake. I don’t think from reading the past posts that they go in exact order of list #’s. You will be contacted. You passed PAT, so you will go to the next step for sure.

Dreamybluesky

Forum Crew Member
Don't worry about getting called because you will get called, just make sure to have your paperwork ready that way you won't have to go crazy trying to complete it within a certain time. That way when they do call, you can choose a day right away.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know how rescheduling your medical and psych is? I was told to email CID for a reschedule but I work 7-3 during the week and I can’t just take off as I’m new at my job. It seems they don’t do the medical and psych on weekends so I’m not really sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know how rescheduling your medical and psych is? I was told to email CID for a reschedule but I work 7-3 during the week and I can’t just take off as I’m new at my job. It seems they don’t do the medical and psych on weekends so I’m not really sure what to do. Any thoughts?
I started a new job a few weeks before I did the PAT a couple of weeks ago. I just explained to my manager that I applied to FDNY and explained that the process takes sometime and that in future I will need days off to go through the hiring process. Not that I’m leaving anytime soon I stressed. He said no problem. Your going to need to take days off, so I would just let your job know and explain to them. I’m sure they will not fire you or be upset. Like I told my manager it’s nothing that is going to happen quickly, even if I got hired. Something to think about.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I started a new job a few weeks before I did the PAT a couple of weeks ago. I just explained to my manager that I applied to FDNY and explained that the process takes sometime and that in future I will need days off to go through the hiring process. Not that I’m leaving anytime soon I stressed. He said no problem. Your going to need to take days off, so I would just let your job know and explain to them. I’m sure they will not fire you or be upset. Like I told my manager it’s nothing that is going to happen quickly, even if I got hired. Something to think about.

I was debating that however, I work for a company that has a lot of money invested in the employee and expect you to move on into higher title and if they get a hint you are not looking to do that they get rid of you. I’ve heard a rumor of 2 other people that left before I started and were fired because the supervisors got wind they were leaving for NYPD. Right now I am brand new and still on probation so realistically they could get rid of me no questions asked.

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
I was debating that however, I work for a company that has a lot of money invested in the employee and expect you to move on into higher title and if they get a hint you are not looking to do that they get rid of you. I’ve heard a rumor of 2 other people that left before I started and were fired because the supervisors got wind they were leaving for NYPD. Right now I am brand new and still on probation so realistically they could get rid of me no questions asked.
Oh wow. That’s a tough one. Sorry. Maybe you can call investigator and see if any other options as far as weekends for med/psych and explain the situation . Hopefully someone else on here will share some advice that’s been through the whole process. I’m sure it will all work out.