FDNY EMS Candidates

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
Not a clue brother. Sorry. A lot of the same question being asked around my station. The officers are not sure either.
From what we were told at Metrotech back on the 6th was that the job is no longer taking outside medics, and that all future medics will be from promoted from EMTs currently on the job if that makes sense.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
From what we were told at Metrotech back on the 6th was that the job is no longer taking outside medics, and that all future medics will be from promoted from EMTs currently on the job if that makes sense.

Doubt that's true but if it were, it would seem from my guess that they are seeking to provide incentive for emts to stay in the department longer?

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
Doubt that's true but if it were, it would seem from my guess that they are seeking to provide incentive for emts to stay in the department longer?
That came from the Director of CID.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Heard the same thing yesterday from my friend (Already an FDNY EMT) who is now in the Medic program doing his rotations in Woodhull. No outside Medics, Metro wants to change it to EMTs waiting to get on the Medic program as I am one of them.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Heard the same thing yesterday from my friend (Already an FDNY EMT) who is now in the Medic program doing his rotations in Woodhull. No outside Medics, Metro wants to change it to EMTs waiting to get on the Medic program as I am one of them.
Why? What's the purpose of doing that?

SpaceEMT

Forum Ride Along
Any update on exam 7000?

On my completed exams on OASYS, under "tentative score" i have an N/A.

Is this where your list number is supposed to appear?
I'm absolutely panicking that maybe DCAS never got my affirmation form.

Most years it only takes 6 months for people to get their numbers but its been almost 9 months so far whats going on?!

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Any update on exam 7000?

On my completed exams on OASYS, under "tentative score" i have an N/A.

Is this where your list number is supposed to appear?
I'm absolutely panicking that maybe DCAS never got my affirmation form.

Most years it only takes 6 months for people to get their numbers but its been almost 9 months so far whats going on?!

I second that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
With EVERYTHING going on lately.... Its going to take a bit more time... We just lost one of our sisters two weeks ago yesterday... Have some patience everyone... If you stress out this much over a list number there is no telling how you're going to feel when it's time to start your process....

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
With EVERYTHING going on lately.... Its going to take a bit more time... We just lost one of our sisters two weeks ago yesterday... Have some patience everyone... If you stress out this much over a list number there is no telling how you're going to feel when it's time to start your process....

And on Dorkys note. Not one candidate has even made mention of the FDNY depts loss.
Remember you people going in. Once you join the dept, we are a team.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Please refer back to postings about this list. We just heard a loss of a sister in the department and they are in no rush to hire EMTs right now. PLEASE BE PATIENT. Your list number will come when they have a need.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Guys it's cool..... When they get into the Academy they will learn of the members who made the ultimate sacrifice when they do Legacy of EMS/Fire... Only then will they truly understand how big of a deal it is when a member in the dept is lost in the line of duty

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
We appreciate in every sense the sacrifices all of you have done and do. Perhaps some of our constant inquiring about lists, academy etc is not in lack of respect but rather in a desire to be part of such a great family. No disrespect meant I'm sure from any of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graycord

Forum Crew Member

I'm sorry, but that would be a ridiculous idea.
They might as well not hire people who already have EMT cards also and only train people with zero training for that exclusive and inimitable FDNY experience.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
They might as well not hire people who already have EMT cards also and only train people with zero training for that exclusive and inimitable FDNY experience.
That's totally crazy to hire people with no emt card, you need to know the basic of what the state requires. They teach you more than your regular basic class does, more in depth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
That's totally crazy to hire people with no emt card, you need to know the basic of what the state requires. They teach you more than your regular basic class does, more in depth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You were saying?

Cmushlit

Forum Probie
Anyone have a tentative date on the next academy? Trying to figure out if a family wedding is gonna have to be s last minute decision.