FDNY EMS Candidates

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Yess ! At the academy you do everything again ! No matter if your certification is renew or expired,,,

Yes I know that but when you are ready to re cert. For example 3 years after you take it at the academy. Your card expires every 3 years. Thats what I'm wondering about

njp5178

Forum Probie
Got an email from my investigator saying I recieved disciplinary actions in highschool and needed a notarized letter about why... odd part is ive never been suspended or anything. Went to my school to verify and I was correct. Called investigator and sent email.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Got an email from my investigator saying I recieved disciplinary actions in highschool and needed a notarized letter about why... odd part is ive never been suspended or anything. Went to my school to verify and I was correct. Called investigator and sent email.
Why do they need something as stupid as that? High school? Are you kidding me? Everyone does something stupid in high school resulting in some small disciplinary action? Why such a big deal?! Not only that but why is your high school being so unkind as to present you in a bad light when you're trying to get a job? You know, a job you need to pay your bills and buy food? Come on now people need to grow up

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Guys, be patient. It takes 6+ months for results of the exam and they are in no rush right now. Your results will come sooner or later and no one knows the answer because no one here works for DCAS. DCAS is conpletely separate from the FDNY. First hand experience will tell you stressing over your list number now is not a good sign towards the stresses you'll have during your investigation process. Relax, it'll come when they have a need for you.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Why do they need something as stupid as that? High school? Are you kidding me? Everyone does something stupid in high school resulting in some small disciplinary action? Why such a big deal?! Not only that but why is your high school being so unkind as to present you in a bad light when you're trying to get a job? You know, a job you need to pay your bills and buy food? Come on now people need to grow up
That's not something stupid at all. It helps paint a picture of the type of person you are. Will it hold him back? Most likely no, but they need to know why and what happened from both sides so they know the type of person they're hiring. Trust me when I say investigators know the difference between an incident at 25 years old and an incident at 15 years old.

Aaliyah

Forum Probie
Can I take the emt civil service test as a paramedic by choice? My emt card doesn't expire until 9/18 but I test out of my paramedic class this June.

njp5178

Forum Probie
Anyone in the current academy got the inside scoop of where list 6003 stands right now? Seems to be in the 600s.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone in the current academy got the inside scoop of where list 6003 stands right now? Seems to be in the 600s.
I believe it's someplace in the 600, not really sure.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Will taking the emt civil service test as a medic result in a higher score?
Doesn't look like it - no. You get credit for experience, EVOC, and Hazmat Ops, per the DCAS posting.