FDNY EMS Candidates

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
Glad to be joining you guys tomorrow, just to clarify, dress cover (no badge) is our dress hat?

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
Glad to be joining you guys tomorrow, just to clarify, dress cover (no badge) is our dress hat?
Also in the letter we received at HQ last week when signing our paper work, it stated that we were to wear blue dress shirt with collar insignia... lol why must they make their info so confusing! I'll bring mine just in case and keep them in my bag.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Yes cover is your dress hat no badge

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Also in the letter we received at HQ last week when signing our paper work, it stated that we were to wear blue dress shirt with collar insignia... lol why must they make their info so confusing! I'll bring mine just in case and keep them in my bag.
No collar insignia, we haven't earned them yet

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Lol so was there a confusion on uniform today? I saw half the class with the dress shoes and half with the boots

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
If I'm not mistaken it's dress shoes for orientation and work boots for class
Yes duty Boots unless otherwise told so.

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Meanwhile.. exam 7000 folks are sitting around like [emoji848]... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Can anyone tell me what does FDNY do when you have to renew your card after you are already a FDNY EMT and employed by them. Do they provide CME or do you have to do a refresher and take the state exam again? I understand they make you do refresher in the academy but after that when your set to expire how does it work?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
You are sent back to the academy for a few weeks for refresher. It's called education leave. Basically you're getting paid to go and refresh.