FDNY EMS Candidates

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the update. Long story short they need to update somebody before their PAT letter comes in
I heard another candidate ask their investigator what his( list #420ish) chances were to be in July's academy and he to,d him it was likely but they were processing us best as they can. I than asked my investigator but she didn't answer me.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I heard another candidate ask their investigator what his( list #420ish) chances were to be in July's academy and he to,d him it was likely but they were processing us best as they can. I than asked my investigator but she didn't answer me.

That won't happen. over 600 people left on #5003. They'll BARELY clear 5003 for july at best.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
They will get as CLOSE as possible to clearing Exam 5003 with the July Academy. you're most likely looking at the academy after that.

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone get there medical/pysch dates yet for 6003?

My list number is #3xx just got finished with my intake a week ago

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Does any one know what the weight/height scale is for fdny. Or have an idea what is a good weight for them? Im 5 "8 btw 192 lbs

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey guys in the academy now......what's the PT like?
Bootcamp style pt, lots of pushups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, burpees, running, suicide runs up and down hills in all weather lol was not fun in the pouring rain with mud and leafs everywhere very slippery. and we do weight stuff with 20 pound weights and then lifts and carries

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Bootcamp style pt, lots of pushups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, burpees, running, suicide runs up and down hills in all weather lol was not fun in the pouring rain with mud and leafs everywhere very slippery. and we do weight stuff with 20 pound weights and then lifts and carries

This is great news...glad to hear they're going to push us. Builds camaraderie and will make the EMS corps hitting the streets motivated, in shape, and more of a team mentality.

emsc

Forum Crew Member
How much running? Like what would you say a good amount of running should you be able to do, to not have a very difficult time before starting? Like a mile?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
How much running? Like what would you say a good amount of running should you be able to do, to not have a very difficult time before starting? Like a mile?

Well more than that. You're gonna do a timed run at the beginning which is a mile and a half. Only goes up from there. Some days it's just laps around the parade field, some days it's the run to nowhere, which is usually around 45 minutes around the base. Do lots of running to get ready.

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant

I dont know for sure how much running you do but maybe run 4-6 miles 2x a week without stopping. You would probably be in good shape for the academy compared to others. Thats not alot but its a good amount

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Does any one know what the weight/height scale is for fdny. Or have an idea what is a good weight for them? Im 5 "8 btw 192 lbs
Bro you should be fine, I'm 5'10" and I had to drop down to 201.6. If you want to play it safe just start exercising a bit more and choose healthier eating options. I only recommend the atkins diet to those who need to lose more than 20 lbs in a month, which was really difficult for me.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
#AlphaSquad

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Bro you should be fine, I'm 5'10" and I had to drop down to 201.6. If you want to play it safe just start exercising a bit more and choose healthier eating options. I only recommend the atkins diet to those who need to lose more than 20 lbs in a month, which was really difficult for me.
Thanks bro because my bmi is telling me i gotta be at 158 but i hope im good for the medical

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Thanks bro because my bmi is telling me i gotta be at 158 but i hope im good for the medical

They usually don't push for a healthy weight. They let it slide with over weight depending on your case. If they ask you to lose the weight don't question it. Just make it happen.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain