FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
#Bravocompany lol I love pm class and instructor troisi. Got a 99 on the final today

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone. I have a quick question for everyone in the current Academy (April). When are you guys Scedualed to take the state exam? Is it May 19th? I'm just curious because I wonder if it coincides with the state scedual. I cant post a link in this form because im new, otherwise id show you guys

Also, I saw in an earlier post Melissa you said you graduate on July 19, doesn't that mean there is no "July" academy? Wouldn't they need a few weeks to set up? I only ask because im 998 on 5003, so you guys know how close I am . Also congrats on the 99!!! Can you send ne your notes in a few months lol

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hello everyone. I have a quick question for everyone in the current Academy (April). When are you guys Scedualed to take the state exam? Is it May 19th? I'm just curious because I wonder if it coincides with the state scedual. I cant post a link in this form because im new, otherwise id show you guys

Also, I saw in an earlier post Melissa you said you graduate on July 19, doesn't that mean there is no "July" academy? Wouldn't they need a few weeks to set up? I only ask because im 998 on 5003, so you guys know how close I am . Also congrats on the 99!!! Can you send ne your notes in a few months lol
Unfortunately we don't take state until June 19 which sucks bcuz that's a month from now and I wish it was sooner bcuz everything is fresh in our heads. Our state practicals are next week which doesn't make any sense. I never studied at home never had time bcuz I get home close to 1am all I did was go to study group I went in forgetting everything so you'll be fine just pay attention and go to study groups troisi will do anything in his power to help someone struggling so I recommend pm class trust me. No one failed and we had highest grades for finals and as for graduation we don't know dates yet all we know is last day of class is July 19th so graduation is probably a day or 2 after. Yeah idk about July academy seems like earliest it could be is early august. I honestly wish class wasn't so big it's so hard to practice skills bcuz it's 90 of us

Last edited:

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Unfortunately we don't take state until June 19 which sucks bcuz that's a month from now and I wish it was sooner bcuz everything is fresh in our heads. Our state practicals are next week which doesn't make any sense. I never studied at home never had time bcuz I get home close to 1am all I did was go to study group I went in forgetting everything so you'll be fine just pay attention and go to study groups troisi will do anything in his power to help someone struggling so I recommend pm class trust me. No one failed and we had highest grades for finals and as for graduation we don't know dates yet all we know is last day of class is July 19th so graduation is probably a day or 2 after. Yeah idk about July academy seems like earliest it could be is early august. I honestly wish class wasn't so big it's so hard to practice skills bcuz it's 90 of us

Thank you for the reply. So the answer is no, the academy does not coincide with the state scedual, the june test is on the 16th. This is a bumer to me, I wanted to know when I was going to take it lol. Thanks again for the reply and good luck with your career. As for everyone awaiting the next academy ill keep you posted if I hear of a possible date for the July academy. All thou I belive we should be calling it the August academy.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Heyy so I'm list number 945 and my EMT cert expires July 31st..... is that going to be a problem since the academy is a refresher anyways???

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
I dont think it will be a problem, but recommend asking your investigator. I dont know anything about the academy, but I do know that your card gets refreshed during it. Let us know what your investigator says

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
I dont think it will be a problem, but recommend asking your investigator. I dont know anything about the academy, but I do know that your card gets refreshed during it. Let us know what your investigator says
Do you think weel make the next class?

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Absolutely. They made it up to low 900s for April. Look back and read the form its EXTREAMLY helpful. I wish I knew about this throughout my process. Theres alot of good stuff in here.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Absolutely. They made it up to low 900s for April. Look back and read the form its EXTREAMLY helpful. I wish I knew about this throughout my process. Theres alot of good stuff in here.
Wow awesome u have no idea what a relief that is I've been asking out so much since my cert is about to expire

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Heyy so I'm list number 945 and my EMT cert expires July 31st..... is that going to be a problem since the academy is a refresher anyways???

You'll most likely have to recertifiy. Because you'll need to be an emt during the academy.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

You'll most likely have to recertifiy. Because you'll need to be an emt during the academy.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
Do we just wait to be called to start the academy after we are done with psych,medical, etc...? Do we get some sort of conditional offer a few months out? What am I waiting for now after my medical and psych?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Do we just wait to be called to start the academy after we are done with psych,medical, etc...? Do we get some sort of conditional offer a few months out? What am I waiting for now after my medical and psych?

What list # and exam # are you? If you're not in list #5003 You may have a bit of a wait ahead of you seeing there are still 700 people on that list

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the 80's on #6003. I know I'll be in the Oct/Nov academy at the very earliest, I was just wondering when they may contact me. I heard you find out that you are going to start about a month from the academy?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I'm in the 80's on #6003. I know I'll be in the Oct/Nov academy at the very earliest, I was just wondering when they may contact me. I heard you find out that you are going to start about a month from the academy?

Yup. A month before to give your current employer your two week notice and somewhere in between uniform fitting