FDNY EMS Candidates

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
How long does the intake interview take?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
How long does the intake interview take?

Depending on how many people are scheduled that day. I would say anywhere between 3-6 hours. They'll call you over one by one as you walk in to make copies of all the documents you're asked to bring (Diploma EMT Card, CPR Card, SS# Card, State ID, etc) you'll wait for them to go through everyone. Then they just review the paperwork with you to ensure that everything is filled out correctly or answer some questions you have about the CPD form, then you go upstairs, at random each CPD packet is handed to an investigator. Then you wait a few before your investigator is ready to speak with you and go over your paperwork another time before you are on your way. At the end of your intake they will tell you if they need anything else from you. My advice, if you know about any tickets or accidents that show up on your driving record. Have a notarized statement for each prepared for your investigator. If you do not disclose any of this information, you can be disqualified for failure to disclose... Unless your record is sealed, don't hide anything.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Go to the DMV website and get a printout of your drivers abstract. That will make things a lot easier when it comes to all of that. Also, hit the social security office to get your detailed earnings statement for as long as you have worked. I was older than most when I went through this, so I had a bunch of jobs since I was in high school, and I almost forgot one on the application. Good luck, I'm sure I'll see some of you in the Bronx. ;)

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Go to the DMV website and get a printout of your drivers abstract. That will make things a lot easier when it comes to all of that. Also, hit the social security office to get your detailed earnings statement for as long as you have worked. I was older than most when I went through this, so I had a bunch of jobs since I was in high school, and I almost forgot one on the application. Good luck, I'm sure I'll see some of you in the Bronx. ;)
Whatsup bro, they send u and the other medic out to the Bronx? Is that what u wantes

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Whatsup bro, they send u and the other medic out to the Bronx? Is that what u wantes

Yea, we both went there. I wanted Queens, to avoid the toll, but had a feeling we'd both end up there after the transcare shutdown. It's been cool so far, good people at my station.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
heard from instructor instead of the bronx a bunch of us are going to queens that he just heard that today

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
heard from instructor instead of the bronx a bunch of us are going to queens that he just heard that today
A lot of people from last class already have transfers in to queens/Brooklyn, you guys will most likely be filling their spots in the Bronx since they have seniority over you. Got a long way to go until those assignments get figured out. Did you guys fill out "dream sheet" yet?

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
At the medical do they drug test you via blood or urine like at the PAT? just wondering because I was hanging with my close friends and they were smoking, i know for urine second hand can show up depending on your metabolism.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
At the medical do they drug test you via blood or urine like at the PAT? just wondering because I was hanging with my close friends and they were smoking, i know for urine second hand can show up depending on your metabolism.
They do blood and urine

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
A lot of people from last class already have transfers in to queens/Brooklyn, you guys will most likely be filling their spots in the Bronx since they have seniority over you. Got a long way to go until those assignments get figured out. Did you guys fill out "dream sheet" yet?
Not yet we only filled out a form for rotations

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I went yesterday for my intake and my investigator told me I was missing page 12, gave me a copy of what she had. It's part of my employment history, but when I look over all my jobs listed every job is listed on their paper from social security. She also gave me a blank CDP packet. She told me to fill out page 12 and return it. But I'm not sure what I'm missing in my past employment history be all my jobs are listed. Looking for input on this.

njp5178

Forum Probie
Have people on list 6003 received physical dates yet? I just moved my address and just making sure I didn't miss it in the mail. I'm in the 900s.

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
I went yesterday for my intake and my investigator told me I was missing page 12, gave me a copy of what she had. It's part of my employment history, but when I look over all my jobs listed every job is listed on their paper from social security. She also gave me a blank CDP packet. She told me to fill out page 12 and return it. But I'm not sure what I'm missing in my past employment history be all my jobs are listed. Looking for input on this.

You must put in N/A. Check the instructions for filling out the CPD. Every page must be completed, if it's not applicable, put in N/A

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Have people on list 6003 received physical dates yet? I just moved my address and just making sure I didn't miss it in the mail. I'm in the 900s.

Your list number is so far back. Contact Metrotech or DCAS (i forget which) and update them on the address change. I believe the furthest they got for PATs on your exam # is the early 400s.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
You must put in N/A. Check the instructions for filling out the CPD. Every page must be completed, if it's not applicable, put in N/A
I actually found my missing page yesterday, ugh.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Your list number is so far back. Contact Metrotech or DCAS (i forget which) and update them on the address change. I believe the furthest they got for PATs on your exam # is the early 400s.
I'm early 500 and took my PAT April 17, just went this past Friday for my intake as well.