FDNY EMS Candidates

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Advice for those who will receive a call for a job in the futute. Take the AM class.
One of the instructors has told us that am classes always does better and that am class seems to havemore fun and is a tighter group. A few people from pm class now, wants to go to am
Told u guys this lol. It's true, for some reason dudes are more squared away. TAKE AM CLASS!!!!!! INSTRUCTORS ARE AMAZING

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Lol and we hear the same in PM class saying our grades are much higher than am and u guys had a bunch even fail cpr and the DI's always ragging on am class saying your formation still sucks no disrespect just saying what we're told.
People failed cpr? Lol wow

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Told u guys this lol. It's true, for some reason dudes are more squared away. TAKE AM CLASS!!!!!! INSTRUCTORS ARE AMAZING
Who were your instructors?
Its different almost everyday for us.
Ive had, marrone, zachariaz, finneran, bey, digasto (idk how to spell his name...)
all who are very knowledgeable, hilarious, and VERY passionate about being a teacher and being an emt/medic

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Who were your instructors?
Its different almost everyday for us.
Ive had, marrone, zachariaz, finneran, bey, digasto (idk how to spell his name...)
all who are very knowledgeable, hilarious, and VERY passionate about being a teacher and being an emt/medic
Same exact guys lol not marrone. We had instructor schaal, who passed away in middle of our academy. Dude was good too. Yeah man d'agosto is a funny dude, smart guy. Zacariaz very passionate, good at what he does. You guys will do well

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
No its not Prescribed it is over the counter Aleve. And I unfortunately failed. Need to get in better shape.
Get a weight vest, I bought one and it helped a lot. Good luck

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
I don't want to change the subject of this forum but does anyone know how the medic upgrade program works in regards to the 3 years you agree to be a medic for FDNY? What if you pass the fire test and your 3 years isn't up? Can you still move over to fire?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I don't want to change the subject of this forum but does anyone know how the medic upgrade program works in regards to the 3 years you agree to be a medic for FDNY? What if you pass the fire test and your 3 years isn't up? Can you still move over to fire?

They pay for medical school pretty mucheap, if you agree to work for at least 3 years. But if you opt out any time before the 3 years, you are subject to pay.

Example: if you work 1 year, you pay 2/3 of the cost.
How much is it? I do not know.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
They pay for medical school pretty mucheap, if you agree to work for at least 3 years. But if you opt out any time before the 3 years, you are subject to pay.

Example: if you work 1 year, you pay 2/3 of the cost.
How much is it? I do not know.
Thank you Sir! I appreciate it.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So i rescheduled my PAT smh. How long do you guys think ill have to wait for a date?

You've got a long way to go now my friend. Better start training now now that you have some time. Go to your gym and set the stairmaster at 71 steps a minute if you're not using a weighted vest or holding any weights while you do it. The stair master determines if you go on to the following step.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
So i rescheduled my PAT smh. How long do you guys think ill have to wait for a date?
Considering there are 1375 candidates for exam 6003, you could be six months to a year. dont mean to be nosey but why not?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Anybody towards the end of exam 5003 hear anything from investigator about being in the running for next class in late July/early August.? I know it's early but should be last class to make it in before the promotional. Best of luck to you.

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys so I was Per Diem at a transport company since last summer. I have not picked up a shift for the past 3 months there because they hired a bunch of part timers and would not accept shift request as easy as before, I had my other job to worry about, I volunteered EMS and had school. I got a letter today that I have to return my stuff so I guess they fired me. This happened to a few other Per Diem guys today too. Went from working every week last summer and fall to not being able to get a shift. Would this be a big deal to tell my interviewer at my intake on Thursday? Im planning on telling them anyway but I'm hoping its not a big deal since I did'nt get fired due to misconduct or anything like that.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
So I was only able to just mail in my two documents my investigator requested of me after I left my intake on Wednesday. It's been 6 days since my intake and she probably won't have my documents until Friday and if it takes any longer to go through the mail, then Monday.

I'm afraid of being DQ'd for not providing documents. If she gets it by Monday the latest, then it's about 11 days post intake. Did I wait too long to mail them in? I couldn't get my last document until today when my current bosses returned from vacation and they'll be in the mail tomorrow morning/afternoon.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys so I was Per Diem at a transport company since last summer. I have not picked up a shift for the past 3 months there because they hired a bunch of part timers and would not accept shift request as easy as before, I had my other job to worry about, I volunteered EMS and had school. I got a letter today that I have to return my stuff so I guess they fired me. This happened to a few other Per Diem guys today too. Went from working every week last summer and fall to not being able to get a shift. Would this be a big deal to tell my interviewer at my intake on Thursday? Im planning on telling them anyway but I'm hoping its not a big deal since I did'nt get fired due to misconduct or anything like that.

Shouldn't be a problem but they'll probably require documentation stating why you were let go proving it wasn't for misconduct or anything of that nature.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know the number to call so I can schedule retaking my PAT?

You don't call them to reschedule. You have to send them an email stating your list number, exam number, name and reasoning as to why you chose to reschedule. I forgot the exact email but it was something along the lines of:

CID@fdny or something.

Call 1(718)-999-2169 to get the email. That's the candidate investigation bureau.

My advice would be to not reschedule and just take it. If you choose to reschedule. You're looking at waiting months, possibly a year to retake it. Not a good idea.