FDNY EMS Candidates

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Oh

oh gotcha. What do you mean get paired ?
They just mean that you'll be doing the process with several differently numbered candidates. It's typically in order by number but it depends on Wm how far along your investigator is and stuff like that.

Boooooooooom

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, first off congratz on everyone that got in the April academy, I'm psyched for you. I just have a question for everyone that had already been in the Academy. I asked my investigator about my issue and she said she will ask a supervisor for me. So I'm 1076 on 5003, and if they really got up to 930's for April, i should have July on lock. My card expires on September 30,2016. If we take the state about a month through the class I should be fine right? Or do i have to have my original cert throughout the WHOLE Academy? Is expired cards talked about at all on this Thread? Or does anyone have any friends that had their card expire close to the end of their Academy?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Oh

oh gotcha. What do you mean get paired ?

I meant grouped together. Sorry, had a family outing last night for my birthday and may have not slept all that much before replying

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
Here is some quick advice to all you new probies starting Monday. Don't be late. Buy extra collar pins and tie clips from quartermaster when you can, put them in your car or locker and keep them there. Also bring a couple extra white t-shirts, black socks, and an extra tie. Trust me, if you don't forget it, someone else will and you guys gotta look out for each other. I don't know how these new drill instructors are, I didn't have them when I was in the academy. If you guys have any questions I will try to answer them.

***edit:

STAY AWAY FROM SOCIAL MEDIA WHILE IN THE ACADEMY! This seems to jam up a lot of people on the job and in the academy. Don't let Facebook or any other social media site ruin your career.

Last edited:

nystateofmind

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys just double checking everything over and over are we bringing our red bag and everything to orientation or just the paperwork that is on our letter and everything else on Tuesday to the academy?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Here is some quick advice to all you new probies starting Monday. Don't be late. Buy extra collar pins and tie clips from quartermaster when you can, put them in your car or locker and keep them there. Also bring a couple extra white t-shirts, black socks, and an extra tie. Trust me, if you don't forget it, someone else will and you guys gotta look out for each other. I don't know how these new drill instructors are, I didn't have them when I was in the academy. If you guys have any questions I will try to answer them.

***edit:

STAY AWAY FROM SOCIAL MEDIA WHILE IN THE ACADEMY! This seems to jam up a lot of people on the job and in the academy. Don't let Facebook or any other social media site ruin your career.
Thanks do the socks for pt have to be high top socks or can we wear ankle socks and the white tees can I wear v-neck?

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
Thanks do the socks for pt have to be high top socks or can we wear ankle socks and the white tees can I wear v-neck?

No V-necks. I always wore high black socks so I didn't have to take off my boots to prove they were black. You will be inspected ever say for your tech card, drivers license, dept id, black pens, white tshirt, and black socks.

As for PT I wore ankle socks.

Last edited:

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey guys just double checking everything over and over are we bringing our red bag and everything to orientation or just the paperwork that is on our letter and everything else on Tuesday to the academy?
I think that we are just bringing a backpack, notebook, pens, letter of acceptance for Monday

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
FOR MONDAY:

what i'm wearing:

Light blue long sleeved shirt.
Collar insignia
tie
tie clip
black pants (1 of the 5 pairs)
belt
boot (the one thats in the bigger box)
Watch
What im bringing:
Notebook
BLACK pens
backpack
ID
EMT CARD ( just in case its needed )
Letter of acceptance ( just in case its needed )

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
The collar insignia's have two pins in the back, correct? Anyone?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
YES.
BRING MONEY ORDER ON MONDAY -- $9.00 MADE PAYABLE TO: NYC OFFICE OF THE CITY CLERK
ALSO, BENEFICIARY FORM ENCLOSED.