FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Congratulations to all. Quick question to anyone else getting ready for orientation tomorrow. I see the paper says what to wear to the academy every day starting Tuesday but do we wear the hat (no badge) and b.i jacket tomorrow to orientation? Thanks in advance
I'm assuming the jacket is optional I would considering its gonna be 75 tomorrow

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I'm assuming the jacket is optional I would considering its gonna be 75 tomorrow

Do not assume anything. If it says wear it, then wear it. Last thing you want on day 1 is to start off out of uniform in front of all the big brass.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I thought for orientation its just your uniform. It says to wear your hair neatly and above your shoulder. So we don't wear the hat?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Do not assume anything. If it says wear it, then wear it. Last thing you want on day 1 is to start off out of uniform in front of all the big brass.
doesn't say jacket for orientation says on the white sheet we got during fittings for academy not orientation I guess I'll bring to be safe though

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I thought for orientation its just your uniform. It says to wear your hair neatly and above your shoulder. So we don't wear the hat?
Yeah it doesn't say we need it but maybe we should bring to be safe ya know u can always put in your backpack

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So just a quick question in regards to piercings. I have 4mm Flesh Tunnels in both of my ears in both of my lobes. Are piercings allowed for males? In my case "gauges" as some like to refer them as.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
So just a quick question in regards to piercings. I have 4mm Flesh Tunnels in both of my ears in both of my lobes. Are piercings allowed for males? In my case "gauges" as some like to refer them as.
Nothing everything has to be taken out they said I couldn't even keep in tiny diamond studs in my ears

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
How about a religious necklace

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey all I just finished the PAT and they said we have to call a certain number Tuesday morning. The only number I see on the packet they gave us is the Metro tech number, is that the one we call?

Yes you call metro tech to find out if you qualified for the rest of the process.

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Hey all I just finished the PAT and they said we have to call a certain number Tuesday morning. The only number I see on the packet they gave us is the Metro tech number, is that the one we call?

I was there too. I'll be interested to see how this process moves along with what they said about bigger academy classes.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant

I was there too. I'll be interested to see how this process moves along with what they said about bigger academy classes.

I was there for the 0800 PAT, I wore a purple and gray long sleeve workout shirt. I can't wait to see if I move on. Good luck!