FDNY EMS Candidates

Everything I brought home:
-5 black pants
-2 belts
-1 plain black Polo
-3 light blue shirts (2 short, 1 long sleeved)
-work boots
-black dress shoes
-1 red fdnt sweatpants
-1 red fdny sweatshirt
-2 grey fdny shorts
-3 grey fdny shirts
-1 black jacket (last name embroided)
-1 dress pants
-1 all dress coat
-1 all weather dress coat (goes down to your knees)
-pair of white gloves
-dress hat
-bag with fdny hat (included was tie, tie clip, 2 fdny collar brass, and an emt button thingy for the front of your hat)
-pair of "lion" gloves
-set of bunker gear
-helmet
-red fdny bag for your gear

Seems to be right

Did you have to purchase all of the gear or was it provided? Also is this done after finishing the academy?

Thank you in advance.

Did you have to purchase all of the gear or was it provided? Also is this done after finishing the academy?

Thank you in advance.

The only thing that i bought was the black duffle bag. Only reason being that, they require certain dimensions and has to be black, no logos, no designs.

And this is all done before the academy. I start Monday 04/18 (orientation, first day).

The only thing that i bought was the black duffle bag. Only reason being that, they require certain dimensions and has to be black, no logos, no designs.

And this is all done before the academy. I start Monday 04/18 (orientation, first day).

Awesome. Congrats man and best of luck to you.

You are all definietly making me feel better about the PAT. I am going to head to the gym and keep using the stair climb until the date.

Do they check your heart rate? Or just that you can do the 3 minutes without falling and grabbing the sides?

They don't do your baseline vitals. You go in for drug screening and PAT. Don't limit yourself to just a stairmaster. Mix it up a bit and prepare for your medical as well. Sooner or later your body will build an endurance for it and you will struggle with other things.

You wear one of the 5 pair of work pants they gave you to the academy and everything else. The other pants are for the class A uniforms, which you won't need until the last week of the academy.

I took a picture of the manequin in the back room when I went in because that's the uniform you wear day 1 and throughout the academy. You should have gotten a letter telling you what to wear.

You wear one of the 5 pair of work pants they gave you to the academy and everything else. The other pants are for the class A uniforms, which you won't need until the last week of the academy.

I took a picture of the manequin in the back room when I went in because that's the uniform you wear day 1 and throughout the academy. You should have gotten a letter telling you what to wear.

Yeah I saw the letter. It said dark blue. But the pants looked black to me so I had to ask. But thanks. See you Monday

Just got my letter for medical 5 min ago. April 28th
Ahh I'm jealous! I'm 1XX, hope I get mine soon. I wonder if your investigation was quicker cause I think you said you went through the process before right ?

This has got to be the longest thread ever.

Ahh I'm jealous! I'm 1XX, hope I get mine soon. I wonder if your investigation was quicker cause I think you said you went through the process before right ?
3 years ago but I dont think that has anything to do with it, the investigations take a really long time and I doubt theyre done before you go to your medical

See you Monday

Not unless you are coming to a medic cpap in service. Next week is my last week at the academy. I'm sure I'll see you guys on Tuesday waiting outside, probably getting yelled at for someone being late, wrong a uniform. Someone is bound to screw up in a group of 90.

Oh yea true. I was thinking that you don't get your medical and psych dates unless you make it through the investigation portion. But yea that wouldn't make sense.

Can you post the picture?

I took a picture of the manequin in the back room when I went in because that's the uniform you wear day 1 and throughout the academy. You should have gotten a letter telling you what to wear.[/QUO

Can you share the pic here, give many of us a heads hopefully for July.
Thanks and good luck in the academy

Can you post that manequin on here??

Do you know if they send those letters out in order by your list number?

I don't believe they do. They TRY to keep it in sequence however you may get paired with someone who is a list number 100 above or below you.

Yet again don't quote me on this I'm not 100% certain how the city works

Back