FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Somebody should message that guy on Facebook so we can find out if it's legit or not and find out what his list number was
Lol not me.... I went to check in earlier on fb saying i was at totten and was typing fdny and it came up trending that's how I saw it.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
dont grab the railing and don't fall and you should be good. You start out with a min long warm up.. That's where you get the feel of it if you have never been on a stair master, after that is a min break and after the min is up its go time. Grab the best where it meets your shoulders and look down at your feet you should be good.
A minute warm up and a minute break? Is the vest a 40 pound or 20 pound? I read somewhere recently it's was a 20 pound but my notice says 40pound. Thanks for the tips I've been working on the stairclimber at the gym with 20 second warm up on level 5 and than to level 6-7 for the reminder on time and than some more.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
A minute warm up and a minute break? Is the vest a 40 pound or 20 pound? I read somewhere recently it's was a 20 pound but my notice says 40pound. Thanks for the tips I've been working on the stairclimber at the gym with 20 second warm up on level 5 and than to level 6-7 for the reminder on time and than some more.
Vest is 40lbs. I was completely out of shape when I went in for my PAT sometime last year. If youre out of shape like I was my friendly little advise is look straight or down at your feet, hold on to those shoulder straps and sing a song or two in your head. the rest of your PAT is a walk in a park.

Also if you, or anyone seeing this post is out of shape or concerned about their weight. I recommend cutting a lot of carbs and dairy out of your diet asap. Way I lost 30+ in one month was through the Atkins 20 diet. Consumed no MORE than 20g of carbs daily mixed with moderate to intense cardio exercise with minimal weight training.

Exam# 5003
List#11XX

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Screenshot_20160413_190318.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Screenshot_20160413_190318.png
LMAO HEYYYYY, IT'S MATT AND MICHELLE LMAO.

NYCEMT92

Forum Probie
You are all definietly making me feel better about the PAT. I am going to head to the gym and keep using the stair climb until the date.

Do they check your heart rate? Or just that you can do the 3 minutes without falling and grabbing the sides?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Finished uniform fitting a couple hours ago. Lots of stuff! Lol
For anyone going in tomorrow. Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. You gotta run from 1 building to another and back. So just be aware.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Finished uniform fitting a couple hours ago. Lots of stuff! Lol
For anyone going in tomorrow. Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. You gotta run from 1 building to another and back. So just be aware.
I went thru all my stuff and realized I got 1 long sleeve light blue dress shirt and 2 short sleeve anyone else or did they give me the wrong ones?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I went thru all my stuff and realized I got 1 long sleeve light blue dress shirt and 2 shirt sleeve anyone else or did they give me the wrong ones?

I'm going through all my stuff now. So I'll let you know in a few.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I'm going through all my stuff now. So I'll let you know in a few.
Okay thanks and to clarify they kept the polos, dark blue shirts and pullover sweater? They never mentioned they were and I freaked out when I got home thinking I forgot it there but remembered a few guys said they keep stuff to embroid your name

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Okay thanks and to clarify they kept the polos, dark blue shirts and pullover sweater? They never mentioned they were and I freaked out when I got home thinking I forgot it there but remembered a few guys said they keep stuff to embroid your name

Everything I brought home:
-5 black pants
-2 belts
-1 plain black Polo
-3 light blue shirts (2 short, 1 long sleeved)
-work boots
-black dress shoes
-1 red fdnt sweatpants
-1 red fdny sweatshirt
-2 grey fdny shorts
-3 grey fdny shirts
-1 black jacket (last name embroided)
-1 dress pants
-1 all dress coat
-1 all weather dress coat (goes down to your knees)
-pair of white gloves
-dress hat
-bag with fdny hat (included was tie, tie clip, 2 fdny collar brass, and an emt button thingy for the front of your hat)
-pair of "lion" gloves
-set of bunker gear
-helmet
-red fdny bag for your gear

Seems to be right

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Everything I brought home:
-5 black pants
-2 belts
-1 plain black Polo
-3 light blue shirts (2 short, 1 long sleeved)
-work boots
-black dress shoes
-1 red fdnt sweatpants
-1 red fdny sweatshirt
-2 grey fdny shorts
-3 grey fdny shirts
-1 black jacket (last name embroided)
-1 dress pants
-1 all dress coat
-1 all weather dress coat (goes down to your knees)
-pair of white gloves
-dress hat
-bag with fdny hat (included was tie, tie clip, 2 fdny collar brass, and an emt button thingy for the front of your hat)
-pair of "lion" gloves
-set of bunker gear
-helmet
-red fdny bag for your gear

Seems to be right
Awesome exactly what I got, did u buy the black duffel bag that they said we need? I didn't buy it there and I'm looking online but hard to find those specific dimensions

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Awesome exactly what I got, did u buy the black duffel bag that they said we need? I didn't buy it there and I'm looking online but hard to find those specific dimensions
Yes I did buy it there. I have a few at home. But there are logos on it. It cost me 32.50 or or something like that.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
So did anybody text that dude to see how he got called for July? There's no way he already got contacted for July lol 3 months before it starts

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
So which pair of pants do we wear on monday?
One of the 5 pairs we got? Or the dress pants?