FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey guys can someone clarify what you need to do to get the 5 residency points on the fire test. I'm under the impression a mailing address will not work, and completely understand. If I were to get an apartment when would it need to be by, or is I too late? Also what types of proof will they look for etc.

You need to establish residency in NYC (5 boroughs) 1 year prior to the exam. You would need to change your license to a nyc address. I have my banks, ID, and insurance under an nyc address

njp5178

Forum Probie
You need to establish residency in NYC (5 boroughs) 1 year prior to the exam. You would need to change your license to a nyc address. I have my banks, ID, and insurance under an nyc address
Is it 1 year prior to announcement or test date? Also are you living there as of now or only after you take the test?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey guys can someone clarify what you need to do to get the 5 residency points on the fire test. I'm under the impression a mailing address will not work, and completely understand. If I were to get an apartment when would it need to be by, or is I too late? Also what types of proof will they look for etc.

Unable to FULLY answer your question. However the kind of proof they look for are credit card statements, utility bills, license address, bank statements. If you already received your score you are a tad bit late getting the extra 5 for residency. If I had filed for the FDNY EMS list 6003 I would have scored a 75 instead of a 70 for 6 months experience in a 911 responding agency.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Is it 1 year prior to announcement or test date? Also are you living there as of now or only after you take the test?

"City Residency MUST be established 1 yr PRIOR to the Application Period to be eligible for 5 Pts."

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Do we bring the Beneficiary form with us for orientation or do we mail it in? The back of the beneficiary it says to mail it to 9 metrotech, but the job offer letter says to bring it to orientation.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Do we bring the Beneficiary form with us for orientation or do we mail it in? The back of the beneficiary it says to mail it to 9 metrotech, but the job offer letter says to bring it to orientation.
I would do what the offer letter says. These forms are generic beneficiary forms for the fdny not just for new employees, so I'd imagine that if your beneficiaries change then you can pick that sheet up at whatever station your assigned too or at HQ and then you mail it in as the form says. We're brand new on the other hand, and they probably want to process those at the same time so they ask we bring them in. That's just my take on it anyway.

I'm bringing mine in like it says on the offer letter.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I would do what the offer letter says. These forms are generic beneficiary forms for the fdny not just for new employees, so I'd imagine that if your beneficiaries change then you can pick that sheet up at whatever station your assigned too or at HQ and then you mail it in as the form says. We're brand new on the other hand, and they probably want to process those at the same time so they ask we bring them in. That's just my take on it anyway.

I'm bringing mine in like it says on the offer letter.

TRUE. Are you AM/PM for the academy?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
Same.

Anyone know what to expect for orientation? What do we do?
The first day we go in shouldn't take too long we'll just hand in our beneficiary forms and do whatever final paperwork is left and take our id pictures. Looking back someone said it took like 2-3 hours. The 18th is the long day like you guys saw in your letters be prepared to stay till 4 or even 6 where they'll go over the rules and what's expected of us in the academy and we'll get sworn in. I'm AM class also btw.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
The first day we go in shouldn't take too long we'll just hand in our beneficiary forms and do whatever final paperwork is left and take our id pictures. Looking back someone said it took like 2-3 hours. The 18th is the long day like you guys saw in your letters be prepared to stay till 4 or even 6 where they'll go over the rules and what's expected of us in the academy and we'll get sworn in. I'm AM class also btw.

Thanks for the info. See you guys in a week or so

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
How do tours work when you start working. Like.. the hours and stuff.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Also what's meal pay? It says you get money for meals...?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Not on here highest person called was 700's the person that got called in the 830s when did they get called and am/pm
ndyank49 is number 79X and he got called but differed last week on March 25 so possibly could be in te 830s, but who knows
CaptureDefferred.PNG