FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Question: so they said they got up to list number 124 for intake with exam 6003. That means I should be in the next group considering I'm 13X. They said go in order of list number and physcial date but I have two friends and that are list number 16X and 19X and they got their intake dates. It doesn't make sense.

I called CIB and they said I should be expecting mine hopefully soon but didn't comment about the other two and were kind of beating around the bush on that question.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Question: so they said they got up to list number 124 for intake with exam 6003. That means I should be in the next group considering I'm 13X. They said go in order of list number and physcial date but I have two friends and that are list number 16X and 19X and they got their intake dates. It doesn't make sense.

I called CIB and they said I should be expecting mine hopefully soon but didn't comment about the other two and were kind of beating around the bush on that question.

With this just be patient, when I did my physical and intake I believe I was the only one in the room with the list number 11XX surrounded by those 10XX. Unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. However your actual academy start date will most likely be either the same as I am hoping for which is July or the one following which I believe is September or October.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck. I'm hoping to get in one of the next two classes coming up.

Question if you don't pass the stairclimb do you have reapply or do you get another agility test date later down the line?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Good luck. I'm hoping to get in one of the next two classes coming up.

Question if you don't pass the stairclimb do you have reapply or do you get another agility test date later down the line?
You get 1 retry it's a 6 month wait and if u fail that u have to wait till you recertify and apply for a different test

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
With this just be patient, when I did my physical and intake I believe I was the only one in the room with the list number 11XX surrounded by those 10XX. Unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. However your actual academy start date will most likely be either the same as I am hoping for which is July or the one following which I believe is September or October.
It's just very annoying. It's 3 people now who I know with lower list numbers that got their letter and I haven't yet. I was in the first group for the physical and they weren't yet I'm getting "skipped" but whenever I call, CIB tells me they've only got up to 124 so are they misinformed, lying or did my friends get bumped up for age reasons or anything like. If it matters, I'm 21 and they're 26, and the other two are 27

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Stupid question, but couldn't they tell me if I was disqualified for anything? They would be the ones to know and I was told I passed the physical and I have absolutely no reason to believe I failed the drug test in anyway, shape and form, it's not possible, but wouldn't they tell me over the phone if there was anything for me to know?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
It's just very annoying. It's 3 people now who I know with lower list numbers that got their letter and I haven't yet. I was in the first group for the physical and they weren't yet I'm getting "skipped" but whenever I call, CIB tells me they've only got up to 124 so are they misinformed, lying or did my friends get bumped up for age reasons or anything like. If it matters, I'm 21 and they're 26, and the other two are 27
Yes it's annoying the whole process is frustrating but patience is key also don't keep calling cid u don't want to annoy them, it's probably a scheduling issue with the new class going in. Sometimes they schedule things a month a part for some and others waited 3 months for something that's the way the city works..

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Stupid question, but couldn't they tell me if I was disqualified for anything? They would be the ones to know and I was told I passed the physical and I have absolutely no reason to believe I failed the drug test in anyway, shape and form, it's not possible, but wouldn't they tell me over the phone if there was anything for me to know?
Well if u passed the physical only other issue would be drug test not sure how that works never heard of anyone failing but if I remember they said if something was bad we would get a letter from the lab with letters to appeal with 2nd sample they took from us the day of the physical.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

Did you pass your PAT? They wont DQ you unless you didn't pass your PAT or if you lied on your intake packet. I was almost DQ'd for a motor vehicle accident that had occurred at my EMS Agency that had NOT been reported to the DMV.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Did you pass your PAT? They wont DQ you unless you didn't pass your PAT or if you lied on your intake packet. I was almost DQ'd for a motor vehicle accident that had occurred at my EMS Agency that had NOT been reported to the DMV.
Yeah I called and they said "congratulations you qualify" so I'm assuming that meant I passed my PAT and passed the drug test although Like I said, I had no doubt that I wouldn't.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Any updates on the upcoming academy? Hoping to get into the next academy, but with a list number like 11XX I feel it is a slim to no chance of being in the next Academy Class
My list number is 51X, so hoping for July as well. Did you get your PAT date yet? I'm going April 17.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Oh ok. I bought a 20 pound vest, will be wearing it daily.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Yeah I called and they said "congratulations you qualify" so I'm assuming that meant I passed my PAT and passed the drug test although Like I said, I had no doubt that I wouldn't.

Then just give it some time. You don't want to call CID. With everything happening they are stretched paper thin. Have some patience and relax my friend. You Have a better chance getting a job in EMS than I do. 20 year old who only has VAC experience.