FDNY EMS Candidates

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
What's not true about it, last promotional was in 2012. Promotional should be out this year. Open competitive should be out in 2017, making the next promotional after 2020.

Every list is good for 4 years. I doubt it'd be so close in proximity.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
So no one got a call today right? Anyone know what time the usually call, if there even is a typical time?

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
So no one got a call today right? Anyone know what time the usually call, if there even is a typical time?
They call during business hours so it could be anytime, some people could get a call 10am some could get 4pm.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Ive never heard of 2-4 years ive only ever seen it given alongside the oc test. If people are saying january for the first class ill be 25 by the time im hired. How is officer pay? Is it equivalent to fire officer pay? Do rescue medics make more than regular medics? That seems like a cool gig

The promotion used to be every 2 years, then went alongside but a little before the OC. And no officer pay is not equivalent to fire officer. Rescue Medics do make significantly more than Standard Paramedics because of HazMat and SOC pay. Their salary is kind of kept on the down low so I don't know the exact amount but I know it is a very livable wage. I would imagine it's close to the 5 year salary for a firefighter.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
This informations is incorrect. They give the promotional alongside the open competitive. Where'd you get that info from.

Anyway JIMAZZ whats your list number

No, it is correct. The promotion use to be given every 2 years, and then it was changed to every 4 years, alongside but a little before the OC.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Do you think they would go back to every 2 years on the promo?

There were rumors they may but I doubt considering how much the FDNY needs EMTs and Paramedics and how often it's desired for them personally to promote because of better pay. I would expect a pay raise before the promotion returns to every two years.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
There were rumors they may but I doubt considering how much the FDNY needs EMTs and Paramedics and how often it's desired for them personally to promote because of better pay. I would expect a pay raise before the promotion returns to every two years.

I personally think the promo is a great incentive to become an EMT for FDNY. I feel like it'll help the FDNY keep on having EMTs because more people will want to take the promo for a more " guarantee " way to get on fire.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
They call during business hours so it could be anytime, some people could get a call 10am some could get 4pm.
I emailed my Investigator yesterday to make sure nothing else was needed before calls went out he told me they had everything for me and he said he doesn't think calls are starting this week he said don't be nervous if they don't start for 2 weeks he said it's usually 2-3 weeks tops before the start of Academy that the calls are made

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I personally think the promo is a great incentive to become an EMT for FDNY. I feel like it'll help the FDNY keep on having EMTs because more people will want to take the promo for a more " guarantee " way to get on fire.

I agree. That's a very good point. That's probably why they have never done away with it at this point already.

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
I emailed my Investigator yesterday to make sure nothing else was needed before calls went out he told me they had everything for me and he said he doesn't think calls are starting this week he said don't be nervous if they don't start for 2 weeks he said it's usually 2-3 weeks tops before the start of Academy that the calls are made
Yeah that's what I figured, that's the last week of march then, but they could also start next week because of the bigger class and calls would have to start earlier than normal.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

Well that stinks. Oh well, guess my source sucks .

Whether it's this week or next week. Let's all keep our hopes high. We'll get some news soon.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Well that stinks. Oh well, guess my source sucks .

Whether it's this week or next week. Let's all keep our hopes high. We'll get some news soon.
lol your source might be right you never know just saying what my Investigator said.. let's keep each other updated plz post as soon as getting a call :)

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
lol your source might be right you never know just saying what my Investigator said.. let's keep each other updated plz post as soon as getting a call :)

I'm pretty sure you'll get called before me. I'm 660's

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
No, it is correct. The promotion use to be given every 2 years, and then it was changed to every 4 years, alongside but a little before the OC.
It is correct ? They don't give it every 2 years. So it's not correct. Doesn't pertain to present day lol so at this point that information isn't valid with the present day. JMAZZ, dude get on before the promo and you'll be fine. If not take PD or whatever u gotta do. Good luck guys

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Absolutely right bro. That promo was put in place for "diversity purposes" but now since everyone is taking the promo regardless of race people SWEAR they'll get rid of it. Highly unlikely that that happens. You guys will be fine. Academy flies. We graduate the 30th. It's a bit stressful but ya a great time. I'll definitely miss it. Calls will go out 3 weeks prior to the start date at the EARLIEST. Best of luck

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
It is correct ? They don't give it every 2 years. So it's not correct. Doesn't pertain to present day lol so at this point that information isn't valid with the present day. JMAZZ, dude get on before the promo and you'll be fine. If not take PD or whatever u gotta do. Good luck guys

No one said its still 2 years. You completely took my statement out of context to make yours look correct. Get off your high hoarse because the guy asked a question and I answered it accurately with facts, whether from the past or not and info that pertains to present day.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
No one said its still 2 years. You completely took my statement out of context to make yours look correct. Get off your high hoarse because the guy asked a question and I answered it accurately with facts, whether from the past or not and info that pertains to present day.
The promo is no longer 2 years lol it does not pertain to present day. It WAS 2 years, that info doesn't help any of us. Again, people don't care about things that happened years ago. He's wondering about his age and the next promo. High horse? Read the thread. Or forum or whatever it is. Thanks for the outdated info though bro ;) good luck to you man

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
"The promotional is supposed to be given every 2-4 years" it's no longer 2 years bro. So if promo is this year. The next would wouldn't be 2018 because then nobody off the open competitive would have a fair chance if they just keep putting in emt/paramedics. You're on the job SIEMTB?