FDNY EMS Candidates

EMS402

Forum Probie
Good luck everyone! I honestly think they can get through about 400 numbers with this academy. They got through 375 for January and April is supposed to be bigger. If you get a call PLEASE post it on this blog with your List#

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
What are my other promotion options besides fire fighter? Im gonna most likely miss that test and ill be too old by the next one. Im 24 now. I like the idea of doing this but I dont want to be just an emt or just a paramedic till I retire...

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
What are my other promotion options besides fire fighter? Im gonna most likely miss that test and ill be too old by the next one. Im 24 now. I like the idea of doing this but I dont want to be just an emt or just a paramedic till I retire...

You'll be fine by the next promotion. It won't be a 5 year wait again. This was very unusual because of the hiring situation with Priority Hires. The promotional is supposed to be given every 2-4 years so bet on that fact that they'll be another one by the time your 26-28.

Anyway, you could obviously go to medic school or go Haz-Tac, you could promote to officer.

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
You'll be fine by the next promotion. It won't be a 5 year wait again. This was very unusual because of the hiring situation with Priority Hires. The promotional is supposed to be given every 2-4 years so bet on that fact that they'll be another one by the time your 26-28.

Anyway, you could obviously go to medic school or go Haz-Tac, you could promote to officer.

Ive never heard of 2-4 years ive only ever seen it given alongside the oc test. If people are saying january for the first class ill be 25 by the time im hired. How is officer pay? Is it equivalent to fire officer pay? Do rescue medics make more than regular medics? That seems like a cool gig

JohnB151

Forum Probie
hey guys im in exam 5003 and have a high list # of 15** any info on what list number they are up to in exam 5003 for academy class?

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
hey guys im in exam 5003 and have a high list # of 15** any info on what list number they are up to in exam 5003 for academy class?
Last I heard 376, but the Academy calls should be going out this week for a huge class of 188 or so so that number should change drasticslly, they went from 8ish to 376 to fill a normal class

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I thought they called around 40 from 5003 for the last 2015 class

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Is there a number i can call to find out what theyre up to?

Dcas says they're up to 376. They only recently updated that number. Before that it was 87. Even though they say last updated was Sunday. Its weird

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain

This informations is incorrect. They give the promotional alongside the open competitive. Where'd you get that info from.

Anyway JIMAZZ whats your list number

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
This informations is incorrect. They give the promotional alongside the open competitive. Where'd you get that info from.

Anyway JIMAZZ whats your list number

Im 08x. I thought the cutoff age was being appointed by your 28th birthday. But i read you just have to file for the test before your 29th birthday so I may be okay for the next test

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Im 08x. I thought the cutoff age was being appointed by your 28th birthday. But i read you just have to file for the test before your 29th birthday so I may be okay for the next test
Yeah u can't have reached your 29th birthday before the first day of filing for the promotional