FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey Guys I'm on the 6003 list but my number is 654 do you think its a long shot to expect a callback in the coming months. (Have no previous experience that's why i have this #) But I was told the FDNY was looking to hire 800 people.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
No you prob wont even get a letter for your PAT for a few months

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Why would they skip the end kf 5003? Thats so unfair to like 600 or more people. Have they ever done this before?
Yes. I dont think with that many people but they have. They have also started hiring off 2 lists at the same time but towards the end. I can see them doing both again, they need to get back on schedule, the process takes longer and longer each time a new test comes out. I could see them having a hiring freeze if they dont get caught up

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Day sounds good but I'm coming from staten island and I would have to leave super early each day so Def night plus all my friends told me night is much more relaxed than day

Yeah I heard the same. Plus you get a little higher pay.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
How does the drug testing work? Is it before or after your physical and what about drinking? I know people try and dilute but I'm a big water drinker as it is and I don't want questions asked if I drank water considering my test is in the afternoon

EMS402

Forum Probie
So what happends if they skip the later people on 5003? Im 107* on 5003. Im completely done with the process with no problems, am I just ganna get auto DQd? I feel like that makes no scens. They spent all that time and money to investigate 600+ people just to D/Q them?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
So what happends if they skip the later people on 5003? Im 107* on 5003. Im completely done with the process with no problems, am I just ganna get auto DQd? I feel like that makes no scens. They spent all that time and money to investigate 600+ people just to D/Q them?

They aren't going to skip anybody they can't do that they go in list order it's against dcas policy. They can process off of 6003 but can't call until 5003 is done

tia89

Forum Crew Member
And they run two classes simultaneously right a morning ,and an evening one? With 180 in each class that's 360 off the top of the list not accounting those that decline, or defer so they may get close to 400 in July alone?

They called my phone and said we will have 188 in the class for april. But someone up here said thats a breakdown 90 in each class. Whats the truth? But they definitely gonna still be calling off 5003 in july. One of my coworkers just spoke to an investigator and they told her she will be in july class for sure her list was 7 something. I heard they calling 6003 in January 2017. Not sure how true but i know when i spoke to my investigator she said they go through every single person before they go to the next exam even if they call u to come in for ya agility and stuff

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
They called my phone and said we will have 188 in the class for april. But someone up here said thats a breakdown 90 in each class. Whats the truth? But they definitely gonna still be calling off 5003 in july. One of my coworkers just spoke to an investigator and they told her she will be in july class for sure her list was 7 something. I heard they calling 6003 in January 2017. Not sure how true but i know when i spoke to my investigator she said they go through every single person before they go to the next exam even if they call u to come in for ya agility and stuff

You're spot on idk why ppl are trying to scare ppl saying 6003 will be in July and there gonna skip 1000 ppl lol. It's illegal to skip unless that person has something holding him/her back med review/psych review or lied about something they cannot skip them.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
There's no shot 6003 will be called for July. They still need to call over 1000 people on 5003. If the class is 188 people. Then there will be 94 in day and night class. From what I've been hearing they may clear 600's for April

Adam Bolender

Forum Probie
The Academy times are 7-3 and 3-11 if I recall so that will probably be an issue for you no?
I would just get out early from the hospital i'd work 10-6 or something like that. I'd hate to switch to days at the hospital that night shift diff is $2.10 an hour extra for the same job.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
What's the pay difference from day and night class?

tia89

Forum Crew Member
You're spot on idk why ppl are trying to scare ppl saying 6003 will be in July and there gonna skip 1000 ppl lol. It's illegal to skip unless that person has something holding him/her back med review/psych review or lied about something they cannot skip them.
Ur right and thats fdny rules, they are very strict about that.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
probably day being I work nights in the ER 11p-7a
Dude you're not gonna be able to do both lol and for everyone else saying "reliable source" said they're gonna skip 5003, you're reliable source knows nothing. #1 on 6003 won't be in an academy until January 2017. There will be a promo before then. Sit tight it's a long wait. It took me a year and a half from test to Hire. Pm class is more lax but also more screwups and grades aren't as good as AM class. AM class will be graduating with everyone we started with. The instructors are awesome and on top of their stuff. Do what you want but I received some good advice to take the am class and I'm very thankful of that. But do what is best for you. If you're in the 600s on 6003. Next summer you'll probably be in an academy class. Good luck to you guys.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Agree with fdhopeful33. There is no way you can hold down an additional full time job during the academy. Especially trying to go from one to the other. Class starts at 7, but everyone is usually there very early. Being on time for things is paramount in fdny.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
I bought a weighted vest to practice until my agility test which is next week and as far as cardiovascular health I'm fine which I'm glad about. I just happen to have some big feet and there was times where I almost fell do to it. Anyone ever dealt with and is there any good practices ?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
source of mine told me that calls will roll out next week. stay near your phones ladies and gents.