FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone have any idea on what number they stopped for the October academy? I know they have a few from 4004 and a few people deffered, my guess is that they got up to list #50

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Anyone have any idea on what number they are going to stop on for the October 2014 academy? I know they are finishing up the previous list and will take a few from 4004. My list # in the 250's, I been calling my investigator and still have not heard anything back. I am on pins and needles waiting for the call.
FDNY EMS CANDIDATE EXAM #4004
LIST # in the 250's
Physical - 03/29/14
Investigation - 05/06/14
Psychological - 06/01/14
Medical - 06/11/14

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone have any idea on what number they are going to stop on for the October 2014 academy? I know they are finishing up the previous list and will take a few from 4004. My list # in the 250's, I been calling my investigator and still have not heard anything back. I am on pins and needles waiting for the call.
FDNY EMS CANDIDATE EXAM #4004
LIST # in the 250's
Physical - 03/29/14
Investigation - 05/06/14
Psychological - 06/01/14
Medical - 06/11/14

Same numbers as me haha
Who's your investigator

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Mrs. Henwood, what about ? i am between 250-and 260 the list. I am just hoping them call me soon before I have to renew everything.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Zweifler.
Seems like January

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So my investigator just replied to my email,

When and if you are selected you will be notified. There is no guarantee we will reach your list number for the October class because we work in list number order.

What ruined my day was the "if you are selected" for a second I thought that meant even though you are 2xx, we have someone who is 3xx but has a masters degree. I know it goes by list number but that email wasn't reassuring, but it does seem like a copy and paste. I know they have a lot of work and people

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
REALLY???? That really sucks!!!! My investigator never calls me back. I know they are still working on the previous Exam, but after 1 years, we have to redo everything again...Medical, and etc...UGH!!!!!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thank god my guy replies and answers calls

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Some investigator's need to be pushed, some people told me they had to stay on top of their investigators to make sure everything went smooth

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

Just keep your fingers crossed! That is the best thing you can do at this point. Even if your background isn't spotless, they take everything into consideration. They want to hire anyone that seems to be a good person. You just have to wait. Hopefully the next class will be the one!

emssg

Forum Probie
So my investigator just replied to my email,

When and if you are selected you will be notified. There is no guarantee we will reach your list number for the October class because we work in list number order.

What ruined my day was the "if you are selected" for a second I thought that meant even though you are 2xx, we have someone who is 3xx but has a masters degree. I know it goes by list number but that email wasn't reassuring, but it does seem like a copy and paste. I know they have a lot of work and people

I am 3XX and have a Master's Degree, although I do not think the degree is helping in anyway. Perhaps I am wrong? I have not heard anything. My investigator is difficult to get in touch with. Last thing I heard from last week (from the investigator; this was after 2 months of trying to get in touch with him) was that my paperwork was "off" his desk and put through to the next step. He said now it is a waiting game. I would assume if they reached in the 60's that I will get a January class as well. What is a bit disheartening; when I was there in July at Metrotech they seemed very sure my number would get into September/ October. Not to mention my friend on Exam 3024 got in within 1 year. He was in the 300's on his exam; applied September 2012 and was in the academy September 2013 (and that was after they made him lose weight). But, nothing usually goes as I would like it to!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I am 3XX and have a Master's Degree, although I do not think the degree is helping in anyway. Perhaps I am wrong? I have not heard anything. My investigator is difficult to get in touch with. Last thing I heard from last week (from the investigator; this was after 2 months of trying to get in touch with him) was that my paperwork was "off" his desk and put through to the next step. He said now it is a waiting game. I would assume if they reached in the 60's that I will get a January class as well. What is a bit disheartening; when I was there in July at Metrotech they seemed very sure my number would get into September/ October. Not to mention my friend on Exam 3024 got in within 1 year. He was in the 300's on his exam; applied September 2012 and was in the academy September 2013 (and that was after they made him lose weight). But, nothing usually goes as I would like it to!

Yeah, I finished everything a few months ago. And I was supposed to be in july, than october. There a lot of people left over from the other list.

Even if you're # 10 and have a masters and someone is #9 and has a GED they'll take them. It is great to have it, but like my investigator told me, it won't help you drive or lift ****. They are looking for past experience and certs. Nothing you or I can do but wait.

We'll be in january, they finished with 3024 and started 4004. A few friends of mine with low #s on 4004 deffered so more spots for us hopefully.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
REALLY???? That really sucks!!!! My investigator never calls me back. I know they are still working on the previous Exam, but after 1 years, we have to redo everything again...Medical, and etc...UGH!!!!!

Only thing that needs to be redone is the medical and that's after a year from last doing the medical

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I've heard they called up to 110 or 150 from 4004 for the October class.

A friend of my friend, who's 110 got called, and someone else, who's in the 150s also got called, since they are doing their ids and stuff now

NYNJ

Forum Probie

A friend of my friend, who's 110 got called, and someone else, who's in the 150s also got called, since they are doing their ids and stuff now

That's awesome news!!! The further they get on the list, the better it is for us! Mid 300s on 4004 with my fingers crossed for Jan.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

That's awesome! I hope that's true. I just missed the cutoff :( Here's to hoping I get called in January!

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
I heard an Instructor today say that the January class will have 120 people split into three different classes of 40

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Replying to "I've heard they called up to 110 or 150 from 4004 for the October class"

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS, I got more answers from you guys than from my investigator, Since I am in the 250's on list from EMS CandidateExam 4004 I should be good to go for January.

Only thing that needs to be redone is the medical and that's after a year and that won't be due until June of 2015 and we will hopfully all be in the academy by then.
FDNY LIST # in the 250's
Physical - March of 2014
Investigation - May of 2014
Psychological - June of 2014
Medical - June of 2014 (Redo June of 2015)
Academy - January of 2015
Good luck to you all!!!