FDNY EMS Candidates

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
My score was 80
Look at my signature, it lists everything I did, and what dates. It can very a few days, even if someone is like a few numbers in difference.

If your number is low, the steps are quick, it's just the waiting.

Others, only completed one step and they are only 200,300 #s higher than me.

What fdny needs to do, is put out more academy classes, or increase number of students. Someone here mentioned they heard next class might have 120 students, instead of the usual 30.

The process is moving quick, they extended this list exam by a month, they are moving things along, hopefully you don't have to wait as long as I

Thanks, yea i see all of your steps. The waiting game seems long but i guess thats like everything else.

I agree with you, i hear from everyone they are hurting for people so i would imagine they would want to do that but it doesn't seem to be happening as quickly as it should.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thanks, yea i see all of your steps. The waiting game seems long but i guess thats like everything else.

I agree with you, i hear from everyone they are hurting for people so i would imagine they would want to do that but it doesn't seem to be happening as quickly as it should.

What fdny wants and what the city gives a budget forare two different classes. Haha, but we'll look back on this wit a smile

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
So has anyone started filling out their background packet? what do you do when you run out of boxes like say in the employment part? just add some boxes for more letters??

IFR

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone been scheduled for a medical recently? Just making sure I haven't missed anything in the mail. Thanks!

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
@SenorRojer assuming you have your in-take on 24 Oct.?
Nope i have not done anything but the physical. I got a horrible list number lol just figured i would get on the paperwork now than rush it later on.

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Not long at all actually. Maybe 3 hours total i was there.

How many people did you see pass out so the standby ems had to intervene haha

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
HAHA noone actually, it was honestly the easiest physical test i have ever taken. I have done a few Police ones and they were actually a challenge, running part at least. They even tell you to go faster or pull harder, they let you know if your doing it right or enough. To be honest whoever fails that test i would never want coming to my home in an emergency lol after you take the test you will see what i mean.
How many people did you see pass out so the standby ems had to intervene haha

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
HAHA noone actually, it was honestly the easiest physical test i have ever taken. I have done a few Police ones and they were actually a challenge, running part at least. They even tell you to go faster or pull harder, they let you know if your doing it right or enough. To be honest whoever fails that test i would never want coming to my home in an emergency lol after you take the test you will see what i mean.

I've seen three fail the stairmaster

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
I've seen three fail the stairmaster
Not one failed at my physical. Im no athlete, but i didnt even break a sweat at the stair master. If your a woman, ok i can see it happening. But no man should fail that. You need to review your life choices if you do lol

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Not one failed at my physical. Im no athlete, but i didnt even break a sweat at the stair master. If your a woman, ok i can see it happening. But no man should fail that. You need to review your life choices if you do lol

I've seen buff guys fail lmao
And even if you're a women you shouldn't fail. I smoke and don't workout and passed without a problem.
Haha

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Hey Everyone,

I just did my Intake on Mon the 27th and while there my Investigator said the next academy after Jan will be in April, which is the one they are filling up for now. So that means April is probs my best shot.

Also, I got my letter for my Psych last night. It is for 11.08.14. Then it's just the medical I need.