FDNY EMS Candidates

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
I heard an Instructor today say that the January class will have 120 people split into three different classes of 40

Hey Phoppey.

Hows the end of the academy? I am looking forward to starting on Monday. Any tips or pointers you could give someone going in? How bad is the physical training?

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know how many they took from list 4004 for October? I heard between 120-150, I hope more so our chances increase or January

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
I just went for the Intake interview today and they said they where currently processing for a feb 2015 class but it wasn't set in stone

leone02

Forum Probie
I just went for the Intake interview today and they said they where currently processing for a feb 2015 class but it wasn't set in stone

My number is in the 680's but I never received my intake letter, any guess how many people were there on Friday? What number they got up to?

leone02

Forum Probie
There was 16 of us I'm number 623

That's eye opening, I know people who went through the intake earlier in the year that described huge crowds of people. Thanks...there is that inherent anxiety when you're waiting that a letter might be lost in the mail.

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Hey Phoppey.

Hows the end of the academy? I am looking forward to starting on Monday. Any tips or pointers you could give someone going in? How bad is the physical training?

Biggest thing going in is just do what they tell you and keep your mouth shut for the first few weeks. If you do that you wont get in trouble. Be early every day. Study for the quiz's because you will have 1 a day for the first two weeks. Make sure you "make way" for any officer you see or anyone on the job while in the halls. Always say yes sir or no sir. The physical training wasn't terrible its a lot of running and push ups and jumping jacks. And the last few weeks have been a lot of fun you learn how to drive the ambulance, you go to the Rock for hazmat training, extrication and subway simulator. Its a lot of fun after the first few weeks are over. And hopefully you ll meet some cool new people while there.

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Just wanna say good luck brothers and sisters getting sworn in tomorrow I'm so excited and honored really looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow !!!! let's goo so pumped !!

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Does anyone know how many they took from list 4004 for October? I heard between 120-150, I hope more so our chances increase or January

My friend was in the 150s and she is starting this morning, so they at least got that far. She was one of the last people called so they probably didn't get too far past #150.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
If about 1200 people are on 4004, about how many will make it to the academy? 700 of the 1200? Or more ?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Around 150 got called into October, and someone here predicted around 100 will get in, and we have 150 and they also predicted up to the 500 list number will be called into January.

We have people who failed, got DQ, left for 911 or paramedic, some differ, so out of 1200 that at on the List, around half will get in.

FDNY is in dire need of people, that's why they extended 5004 by a month, they never do that.we might see a January and February class, or a class that's over capacity

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
That's good news for everyone. Hopefully everything you said is true and happens. I'll be on the 5003 list and hopefully have a list number 250-350 with score of 80. I'm hoping on being in the academy before 2016(very optimistic)
Do you think it is possible?

Around 150 got called into October, and someone here predicted around 100 will get in, and we have 150 and they also predicted up to the 500 list number will be called into January.

We have people who failed, got DQ, left for 911 or paramedic, some differ, so out of 1200 that at on the List, around half will get in.

FDNY is in dire need of people, that's why they extended 5004 by a month, they never do that.we might see a January and February class, or a class that's over capacity

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's good news for everyone. Hopefully everything you said is true and happens. I'll be on the 5003 list and hopefully have a list number 250-350 with score of 80. I'm hoping on being in the academy before 2016(very optimistic)
Do you think it is possible?

I applied in 2013 And I'll be in 2015
So it depends on how fast they move
My guess is early to mid 2016

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I applied in 2013 And I'll be in 2015
So it depends on how fast they move
My guess is early to mid 2016

I see that your list number is 25X but can you tell me what score you got? By your list number im assuming 80-85?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I see that your list number is 25X but can you tell me what score you got? By your list number im assuming 80-85?

My score was 80
Look at my signature, it lists everything I did, and what dates. It can very a few days, even if someone is like a few numbers in difference.

If your number is low, the steps are quick, it's just the waiting.

Others, only completed one step and they are only 200,300 #s higher than me.

What fdny needs to do, is put out more academy classes, or increase number of students. Someone here mentioned they heard next class might have 120 students, instead of the usual 30.

The process is moving quick, they extended this list exam by a month, they are moving things along, hopefully you don't have to wait as long as I