FDNY EMS Candidates

Def26

Forum Crew Member
Thanks alot! At 18x, seems like I should be in the next academy class then.
More than likely. For this past class to my knowledge they started off around 450 and got all the way to around 60 something on our list. There was 994 people originally on that list which means they went through over 500 people to fill a class of 180. So I’d confidently say your chances to make the next class are high.

Joe319

Forum Ride Along
More than likely. For this past class to my knowledge they started off around 450 and got all the way to around 60 something on our list. There was 994 people originally on that list which means they went through over 500 people to fill a class of 180. So I’d confidently say your chances to make the next class are high.
Feelin good @Def26, thanks for the support brother

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
"Outstanding Certification... Good or bad?

I Posted this awhile back if you look up my posts you will find many answers to questions that are being repeated over and over,

"Not on an Outstanding Certification means: You are now found eligible for hiring when your list number is reached.

"Outstanding Certification means: Your credentials and qualifications are under review to deem you eligible for hiring.

So when you see that your number was passed over this is usually the reason why.

GOOD LUCK

RR1991

Forum Probie
I was told it takes 3-4 months after the interview to received the medical / psychological testing apt date?
is that true?

PJQ

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, so my EMT certification is set to expire in June. I am not an active EMT and never have been one, I got my certification and hoped to get on through the FDNY. Since I am not getting into an FDNY EMT academy anytime soon, does anyone know if I'm eligible to take a refresher course? Or do I have to take the EMT program all over again? Any information is appreciated, thanks.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys, so my EMT certification is set to expire in June. I am not an active EMT and never have been one, I got my certification and hoped to get on through the FDNY. Since I am not getting into an FDNY EMT academy anytime soon, does anyone know if I'm eligible to take a refresher course? Or do I have to take the EMT program all over again? Any information is appreciated, thanks.
I believe you have to take a refresher course unless you wanna challenge it and take the state exam again with no practice and risk losing your cert then you would have to redo the entire class again

Reactions: PJQ

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
You refresh every 3 years. Always eligible. If you live in Nassau county you can refresh at Veeb, Fire Police Academy or NSLIJ. You can pay your own (tuition student) Veeb and FPA are $500 and NSLIJ is cheaper. Check their websites for classes. You can volunteer at a fire dept or ambulance Corp and need not pay. I’m not sure about other counties. Hope helps some.

PJQ

Forum Ride Along
You refresh every 3 years. Always eligible. If you live in Nassau county you can refresh at Veeb, Fire Police Academy or NSLIJ. You can pay your own (tuition student) Veeb and FPA are $500 and NSLIJ is cheaper. Check their websites for classes. You can volunteer at a fire dept or ambulance Corp and need not pay. I’m not sure about other counties. Hope helps some.

Thanks for info. I thought I read somewhere that if you weren't an active EMT that you weren't eligible to take a refresher course. Looking to take a refresher over the summer and hope to get into the FDNY EMT academy within the year (List 7031). Thanks again.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for info. I thought I read somewhere that if you weren't an active EMT that you weren't eligible to take a refresher course. Looking to take a refresher over the summer and hope to get into the FDNY EMT academy within the year (List 7031). Thanks again.
When does your card expire

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Where do you live? Are you associated with any agencies? New York State allows you to refresh through cme programs. Just going to a bunch of classes. Each remac hosts classes, and that’s where you submit all your paperwork through.

Ecuzz

Forum Ride Along
In reference to Exam #7014 EMT Trainee.....Is there only one academy class per year.??
I already went for a PAT at Fort Totten, went to MetroTech to meet my investigator and Medical last week and I passed. List number 3xx. Whats next ??

Last edited: