FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
No, October 18th. Month from today.

I find this date the 18th odd as it falls on a Wednesday.
When all classes begin on a Monday so I would just take a guess that it's Monday the 16 of that week.
That's the date I heard here at Fort Totten.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Investigator said October 16th.

Wow really I am in the Paramedic class right now and the chief made mention that a new Probie class started Oct and I said the 16 in a post but that's Columbus Day. sorry I can't help much now. But good luck.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
What do you mean by probie class

Probie class = probationary EMT class. Last I heard they were only taking a few days off between classes. But does it matter? Regardless if it's October 3rd or 16th people are going to accept it, and no one should be leaving their current job until they receive a call. Be patient and don't keep bothering the investigators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Wow really I am in the Paramedic class right now and the chief made mention that a new Probie class started Oct and I said the 16 in a post but that's Columbus Day. sorry I can't help much now. But good luck.
Good luck brother

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Probie class = probationary EMT class. Last I heard they were only taking a few days off between classes. But does it matter? Regardless if it's October 3rd or 16th people are going to accept it, and no one should be leaving their current job until they receive a call. Be patient and don't keep bothering the investigators.

Listen to this guy fellows. One of the few I see posting sense.4Don't keep calling they don't like that and YOU ARE NOT THEIR ONLY CANDIDATE.
Sit tight and they will get to you.

Good luck

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I have my physical agility this Saturday and was reading a few pages back that you have to call days later to find out if you pass, am I reading that right? I assumed you find out on the spot thinking it was pass/fail. Can anyone tell me how it goes?

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
I have my physical agility this Saturday and was reading a few pages back that you have to call days later to find out if you pass, am I reading that right? I assumed you find out on the spot thinking it was pass/fail. Can anyone tell me how it goes?

Yes, usually they tell you to call the Tuesday after. If you get the brown envelope, you have passed. If not, you failed the stairmaster, therefore, failing the whole physical in which you will not be obtaining a brown envelope.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Hey. Just wondering when they start calling soon, give or take how many do they call at a time for a class.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, usually they tell you to call the Tuesday after. If you get the brown envelope, you have passed. If not, you failed the stairmaster, therefore, failing the whole physical in which you will not be obtaining a brown envelope.

They give that to you at the end of the physical if you passed? So really you do know if you passed without having to call on Tuesday?

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Hey. Just wondering when they start calling soon, give or take how many do they call at a time for a class.

Don't know how many they'll call per day but the next class should be between 150-180 combined for both am/pm tours

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
They give that to you at the end of the physical if you passed? So really you do know if you passed without having to call on Tuesday?

Yes, I never made a call to see if I passed. The envelope is the stuff you need to fill out before your background investigation

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Don't know how many they'll call per day but the next class should be between 150-180 combined for both am/pm tours

So for 150-180 people do they call double. Checked with dcas and it said 301 eligible off 700

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
So for 150-180 people do they call double. Checked with dcas and it said 301 eligible off 700

? The max they'll take is 180, 90am 90pm. Just bc you're eligible doesn't mean you get called, there are still people eligible from 6003 as well. Eligible just means they've completed the hiring process and are put into the pool of potential candidates that could be called for an upcoming class. It could be the next class or it could be 6-12months from now.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Hopefully some calls go out this week ladies and gentleman!

Hopefully for those who are close. For those that do get the call if you could please just post how long the process was for you. I know everyone is different but it would help those still waiting like myself to get a better understanding how much longer we are looking at. I took my PAT yesterday and waiting on my date for intake. List #2x on exam #7031