FDNY EMS Candidates

Rockylocky

Forum Probie
Okay, I'll do both then, thanks a bunch.

Oh damn I'm sorry to hear that. For me the first time it took over a month to hear back from them via mail.

Yeah it totally sucks. Hopefully they reschedule me. I was also thinking of filing for the one that's currently open just in case[/QUOTE]

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Last question, I am emailing them, should I be honest that the reason I am not able to attend the Physical Agility test is because I have not gotten my license yet? Or would this look bad? Should just request if they can give me another appointment for later?

When I tried for reschedule they didn't ask for my reason so that's really up to you if you wish to offer that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future923

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know when calls start for the next academy

Exam 6003

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Any tips, or extra advice for those of us going to the PAT tomorrow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
To all the FDNY EMTs starting the Paramedic class on Monday, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces at the Fort.
enjoy the weekend and heaven help us for the next 9 months.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
To all the FDNY EMTs starting the Paramedic class on Monday, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces at the Fort.
enjoy the weekend and heaven help us for the next 9 months.

You're in it? Good luck. Don't let some of the naysayers get you down with what's currently going on. If you happen to do rotations at 50, let me know.

Woodenspoon

Forum Probie
Asking for a friend.

He's trying to submit his application for the EMS exam that's out right now (September 2017).

Is there NOT a final submission button anymore? He's describing it as "staying open until the last day. It seems like it will automatically close out".

He has received a receipt of payment for the application though.

Thank you.

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Asking for a friend.

He's trying to submit his application for the EMS exam that's out right now (September 2017).

Is there NOT a final submission button anymore? He's describing it as "staying open until the last day. It seems like it will automatically close out".

He has received a receipt of payment for the application though.

Thank you.
Yes it will automatically be submitted once the filing period is over (26th).

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
You're in it? Good luck. Don't let some of the naysayers get you down with what's currently going on. If you happen to do rotations at 50, let me know.

Yeah no $hit but just gotta do me and grow with what I love doing. and def will hit you up here with a heads up if doing Rots at 50.
Thanks Brother !

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Does anyone know what the process is for those that fail the pat

what part did you fail ? weight you lose the weight in a month and the go again on the date they tell you to come back for the weigh in. was it that you failed ?
Or the stairmaster ? practice with a 50 pound weight vest

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
what part did you fail ? weight you lose the weight in a month and the go again on the date they tell you to come back for the weigh in. was it that you failed ?
Or the stairmaster ? practice with a 50 pound weight vest

I failed the stair master. Fdny means so much to me and I got there and I failed @TheTechLife

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I failed the stair master. Fdny means so much to me and I got there and I failed @TheTechLife

did you get a date for a second try yet ? practice the stair master ( local gyms have them) wearing a 50 pound vest wear and hoodie ( That's what I did to keep my hands in ) and whistle or sing a song in your head, breath thru your nose keeps the cotton mouth at bay. practice and U will get your rhythm and keep your hands in your hoodie pocket. That's what worked for me.

Good luck and practice

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
did you get a date for a second try yet ? practice the stair master ( local gyms have them) wearing a 50 pound vest wear and hoodie ( That's what I did to keep my hands in ) and whistle or sing a song in your head, breath thru your nose keeps the cotton mouth at bay. practice and U will get your rhythm and keep your hands in your hoodie pocket. That's what worked for me.

Good luck and practice

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your advice so much! I am yet to receive a rescheduled date. I will be calling dcas soon to reschedule! Thank you so much! :)

Yerrrr EMT

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a little confused about what happens after the PAT I have read previous posts and while they are very helpful, I'm still Like ?? Because I believe I was told to call on Tuesday after 10am for my results after they gave me the manila envelope. I took the PAT on Sat, Sept 16. Who am I calling?? Fort Totten? Lol sorry, but idk? Then does the investigator call me and the doctor? Did anyone get told the same thing? Anyhows, to NycEmt7, don't worry dude, you'll definitely get it the 2nd time around. I put a 35lb kettlebell in my bookbag and went up down the stairs for 3 min in my house. That can work also if you don't have a gym membership, also go running a few times a week at the park to build up your cardio and yes, breathe through your nose. Pace your self dude! Just work on your cardio.