FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
How long does it usually take for them to fill up a class?

Sometimes a day before the class starts. some deffer and then the ones from prior classes who deffered or those that failed are given a second chance.
totally depends. classes are 150 if I am not mistaken, No longer are the large classes. This October class is the last 2017 class. perhaps but not sure at all 2018 class starts in Feb.
But I heard that will be a class for people who do not have EMT certs. ( but don't quote me, that is what I heard here at the academy)

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Sometimes a day before the class starts. some deffer and then the ones from prior classes who deffered or those that failed are given a second chance.
totally depends. classes are 150 if I am not mistaken, No longer are the large classes. This October class is the last 2017 class. perhaps but not sure at all 2018 class starts in Feb.
But I heard that will be a class for people who do not have EMT certs. ( but don't quote me, that is what I heard here at the academy)

Yeh I heard this class might be 180 and the following will be the "trainee" class which is the ones without certs.

I'm also gunna guess that since they are starting classes w/o certs that "outstanding certification" just means you have it already and are just doing the refresher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory

Forum Crew Member
I heard they have tried to do this “non emt “ class before and it’s failed multiple times
Heard the same thing. But rumors cannot be proven. My perosronal thought is they'd try to put more emts in the next few classes with promotional exams. But that's an opinion

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
Heard the same thing. But rumors cannot be proven. My perosronal thought is they'd try to put more emts in the next few classes with promotional exams. But that's an opinion
I feel like they shouldn’t be skipping the 7000 and 7031 lists since they were out before this new non emt card class

Sp3k3

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know how hard is the academy? I have zero experience in the field. I was certified last year and definitely don’t remember much.

BFC991

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know how hard is the academy? I have zero experience in the field. I was certified last year and definitely don’t remember much.
I'm with ya , signing up for an emt refresher at the local hospital, moved to a new town and they have paid emts 24/7.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Do yourself a favor and go back to 440 EVERYTHING you want to know and what you need you can get from those back pages. I posted majority of things you will be asking back there. Many of us stop even dropping in here because of a certain $martAss.
But do yourself a favor a go back to page 440 and even further. everything you want to know or even thought about asking, down to what to buy at Fort Totten. to what you get from the academy etc etc.

Good luck

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I'm with ya , signing up for an emt refresher at the local hospital, moved to a new town and they have paid emts 24/7.

Reposting this;

Do yourself a favor and go back to 440 EVERYTHING you want to know and what you need you can get from those back pages. I posted majority of things you will be asking back there. Many of us stop even dropping in here because of a certain $martAss.
But do yourself a favor a go back to page 440 and even further. everything you want to know or even thought about asking, down to what to buy at Fort Totten. to what you get from the academy etc etc.

Good luck