FDNY EMS Candidates

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a little confused about what happens after the PAT I have read previous posts and while they are very helpful, I'm still Like ?? Because I believe I was told to call on Tuesday after 10am for my results after they gave me the manila envelope. I took the PAT on Sat, Sept 16. Who am I calling?? Fort Totten? Lol sorry, but idk? Then does the investigator call me and the doctor? Did anyone get told the same thing? Anyhows, to NycEmt7, don't worry dude, you'll definitely get it the 2nd time around. I put a 35lb kettlebell in my bookbag and went up down the stairs for 3 min in my house. That can work also if you don't have a gym membership, also go running a few times a week at the park to build up your cardio and yes, breathe through your nose. Pace your self dude! Just work on your cardio.

When I left they stated that you call the number that is noted on the top of our PAT LETTER after 10 am on Tuesday to find out if you passed and at that point they will assign an investigator. Good luck and thanks for the advice and hope to see you at academy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yerrrr EMT

Forum Ride Along
When I left they stated that you call the number that is noted on the top of our PAT LETTER after 10 am on Tuesday to find out if you passed and at that point they will assign an investigator. Good luck and thanks for the advice and hope to see you at academy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! lol that was driving me nuts! And yes, see you at the academy!

JohnEmt

Forum Crew Member
Do they call you or send you a letter when you've been selected for the academy

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
You'll get a call from a senior investigator, not yours. They will give you the run down on all the dates you need to know and make you the formal job offer. I believe I'm hearing the next class will start October 18.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Do they call you or send you a letter when you've been selected for the academy
I think call but I haven't been through that. Maybe someone will clarify. I'd expect it to happen soon with the academy in October starting in the early weeks

Ericmark

Forum Probie
Hey guys,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a little confused about what happens after the PAT I have read previous posts and while they are very helpful, I'm still Like ?? Because I believe I was told to call on Tuesday after 10am for my results after they gave me the manila envelope. I took the PAT on Sat, Sept 16. Who am I calling?? Fort Totten? Lol sorry, but idk? Then does the investigator call me and the doctor? Did anyone get told the same thing? Anyhows, to NycEmt7, don't worry dude, you'll definitely get it the 2nd time around. I put a 35lb kettlebell in my bookbag and went up down the stairs for 3 min in my house. That can work also if you don't have a gym membership, also go running a few times a week at the park to build up your cardio and yes, breathe through your nose. Pace your self dude! Just work on your cardio.

There is a number on one of the papers in that envelope you receive after passing. Its for DCAS floor 6 i think? You call that to see if you passed.

JohnEmt

Forum Crew Member
You'll get a call from a senior investigator, not yours. They will give you the run down on all the dates you need to know and make you the formal job offer. I believe I'm hearing the next class will start October 18.
Thank you!

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
You are hearing there won't be a class until October of 2018?

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
just out of curiously how often does Nyc Fd hold the civil service exam for ems? I know tgey have one this month but Im currently in Medic school and won't be able to take it this time around.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Got a call the other day by medical to see if I had everything in cause they're gonna be making calls for the next class soon to candidates. I'm #7xx on the 7000 test. If I get the call for the upcoming class in October I'll be shocked

JohnEmt

Forum Crew Member
Got a call the other day by medical to see if I had everything in cause they're gonna be making calls for the next class soon to candidates. I'm #7xx on the 7000 test. If I get the call for the upcoming class in October I'll be shocked
I'm 4**and I don't even think I'm getting called for October

Rory

Forum Crew Member
That's odd did they tell you when they would be making calls?

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Just like the guys before us if we get a call let's post it in here and the list number and class!