FDNY EMS Candidates

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know if anyone off of list 7000 was hired on the current academy class that's currently running?

graycord

Forum Crew Member
While I certainly agree with you about them knowing the field and operations end, medic basic (the emt to medic upgrade class) is 9 months long. Coming into the department as a medic, (ptop, or the new name- pps) is only 3 months. Gets medics on the street a hell of a lot quicker, and trust me, we need it right now.

The department doesn't seem to think so.

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
They still haven't finished all of 6003, but should be depleted by next class and probably single to double digits of 7000 in the next one.

How do they come up with your list number? I heard it was by how much you qualify education wise... Or is your physical/physc part of it?

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
Work experience in the field, if your a Vet you also get points,

Are you sure that your Exam list number has to do with your state score. I know about vets credit and I know about work experience. Will under a year of work experience count towards my list number or does it have to be a year or more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Are you sure that your Exam list number has to do with your state score. I know about vets credit and I know about work experience. Will under a year of work experience count towards my list number or does it have to be a year or more?

Yes and I know this because I got a very good list number considering I had no experience at time of filing and neither am I a vet.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Unless something has changed, state score has nothing to do with it. It wasn't ever on the application. There are only two things your state score count for- whether you pass or fail and if you have above an 85, that's when you can become a cli and instructor.

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
What do you guys put down for selective certifications? Does the ICS 700 and Hazmat courses help?

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Unless something has changed, state score has nothing to do with it. It wasn't ever on the application. There are only two things your state score count for- whether you pass or fail and if you have above an 85, that's when you can become a cli and instructor.
Oh, then I don’t understand how I received such a high list number compared to others I’ve spoken to.