FDNY EMS Candidates

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
For my intake I have to bring notarized statements with details for any moving violations I've had ....is that my lifetime driving record that I have to get from DMV?

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Is that what the investigator told you?
Yes. It's on the list of stuff my investigator told me to bring. A lot more than what I thought I had to bring from what was stated in the packet

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Yes. It's on the list of stuff my investigator told me to bring. A lot more than what I thought I had to bring from what was stated in the packet
From my understanding, it’s a statement in your own words on how those violations came about on your license. Afterwards, get the letter/statement notarized and give it in.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
From my understanding, it’s a statement in your own words on how those violations came about on your license. Afterwards, get the letter/statement notarized and give it in.
Ok thanks.
Only ticket I've ever gotten was almost 2 years ago for speeding. Barely even remember the details lol

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
There are 8, 12, and 16hr shifts which vary depending on the station and don't think probies get much of a say on their hours. Every other week you get an extra day off. You can work up to 16hrs OT per week before needing the LTs permission to pick up more. And you get paid every other week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I thought I heard that the 12's were in effect for all stations now. Do they plan on making all 12's?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks. I thought I heard that the 12's were in effect for all stations now. Do they plan on making all 12's?

Not all stations do 12 hour tours

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Is there any way you can put in to have off a specific day for special reasons? Or even a specific time for a set day during the week? (Say for example unavailable 8am-12pm every Thursday for school reasons?) Whether it be because of school, religious reasons, second job, etc?

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone.
I have a question about the 3 proofs of residency that I have to bring in for intake.

What do I do if I don't have 3 to bring? All I have that's under my name is my bank statement. I don't have a credit card, don't own a car, and I live with my parents so my name wouldn't be on the rent/mortgage or utility.

Any help will be grateful. Thanks!

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone.
I have a question about the 3 proofs of residency that I have to bring in for intake.

What do I do if I don't have 3 to bring? All I have that's under my name is my bank statement. I don't have a credit card, don't own a car, and I live with my parents so my name wouldn't be on the rent/mortgage or utility.

Cell phone bill?

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Is there any way you can put in to have off a specific day for special reasons? Or even a specific time for a set day during the week? (Say for example unavailable 8am-12pm every Thursday for school reasons?) Whether it be because of school, religious reasons, second job, etc?

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone.

I had the same problem. I used a credit card statement, a letter I got from my taxes and a telephone bill. But my investigator said I could of brought any mail that was mailed To my house with my name on it. Ex- a letter from college, letter from a credit card company that want you to sign up, a store sending their annual coupons or whatever and more stuff like that.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
I had the same problem. I used a credit card statement, a letter I got from my taxes and a telephone bill. But my investigator said I could of brought any mail that was mailed To my house with my name on it. Ex- a letter from college, letter from a credit card company that want you to sign up, a store sending their annual coupons or whatever and more stuff like that.
Cool. I'm going to use the letter they sent me for my physical lol
Thanks a lot

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
What should I expect from my interview? Do u remember what they asked and stuff like that?

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
What should I expect from my interview? Do u remember what they asked and stuff like that?

I really don't remember that many questions they asked me. But my advice is that you dress nice, loook presentable. And be respectful!!!! Try to bring all the paper that's asked of you, and if you forget anything don't worry. Like I forgot a paper and he forgot to look at my BC, so he made another appointment for me when I took my Psych test.