FDNY EMS Candidates

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
You guys are forgetting one thing... Stay off social media. Its never too late to start working out either, the pt we do now is similar to the fire academy but light work if your in shape, don't go out code 10 no one ever comes back. Definitely hit the books because, why not? The 13 weeks moves fast good luck lock it up! lol

Gtor49

Forum Probie
Yea I did not get these either. Just to make sure for orientation were supposed to wear:
- light blue long sleeve shirt (without pins)
- dress pants
- tie and tie clasp
- dress shoes
- dress cover (hat) with no pin

Is there anything I'm missing?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I did not get these either. Just to make sure for orientation were supposed to wear:
- dress pants
- tie and tie clasp
- dress shoes

Your BI jacket

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Is the BI jacket the one with my last name stitched on the chest? Or the formal blazer looking one?
I believe it's the one with your name on it

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
You guys are forgetting one thing... Stay off social media. Its never too late to start working out either, the pt we do now is similar to the fire academy but light work if your in shape, don't go out code 10 no one ever comes back. Definitely hit the books because, why not? The 13 weeks moves fast good luck lock it up! lol

OH YEAH THAT ONE !! like Rastamousekilledmyfather said.

STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA IE: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM
do not post ANY pics of you in uniform, while at the academy, or walking around outside of the academy when you are not suppose to be wearing your uniform. during rotation etc. You ain't slick, they will find you
Don't risk getting kicked out because THEY WILL BOOT YOU OUT.
You have questions ask here.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Is the BI jacket the one with my last name stitched on the chest? Or the formal blazer looking one?
So I asked before what the BI jacket was and The Techlife stated it's the waist length jacket, so yes the one with our name on it.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
How long do they give you for lunch? An hour? And at what time? Trying to plan meals accordingly
I believe the letter stated 30 minutes

Type2machine

Forum Ride Along
- dress pants
- tie and tie clasp
- dress shoes

My letter said boots why?