FDNY EMS Candidates

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Anyone here? A medic or knows a medic working for fdny? Is the salary livable? As in are u able to move out and support your self/family?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone here? A medic or knows a medic working for fdny? Is the salary livable? As in are u able to move out and support your self/family?

I am. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you the rundown.

centrals

Forum Probie
They're saying they don't know the graduation date yet, but to expect it to be the week of the 6th. One of the instructors also mentioned them getting a break after this class graduates, so I'm not the time frame for the next one

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Spoke to my senior investigator, class is starting the end of March.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
End of march why such a big gap?
Not sure but my card expired the 31st of March and I had to get a new card and send them a copy ASAP. She wouldn't give me a date just the end of March.

Type2machine

Forum Ride Along
What's up guys Ive been following this thread for a while and finally joined. Im in a situation where I was offered a higher paying position than my current job that I've been with For 5 years. The thing is, if I accept the job offer I might only work there for a month or two until the next academy date so I'm unsure of what to do. My list number is 64x and I think it might be a possibility that I will get called since they got up to the 300s. Any advice or insight will be a lot of help, thanks.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
What's up guys Ive been following this thread for a while and finally joined. Im in a situation where I was offered a higher paying position than my current job that I've been with For 5 years. The thing is, if I accept the job offer I might only work there for a month or two until the next academy date so I'm unsure of what to do. My list number is 64x and I think it might be a possibility that I will get called since they got up to the 300s. Any advice or insight will be a lot of help, thanks.

work there until you get called.

Woodenspoon

Forum Probie
I know this question is 10 steps in the wrong direction for this thread. I am already on the Job, Im just asking this for a friend who is interested for next September.

Has anyone applied for FDNY EMS with a National EMT Certification? Or know of anyone who did? Do they accept?

Thank You.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I know this question is 10 steps in the wrong direction for this thread. I am already on the Job, Im just asking this for a friend who is interested for next September.

Has anyone applied for FDNY EMS with a National EMT Certification? Or know of anyone who did? Do they accept?

Thank You.

You need a New York State card to apply.