FDNY EMS Candidates

13r0w3r

Forum Ride Along
I received my list number feb. 2015 .. And started the academy in october of this year ! Im in the academy now ! So i would say a year and change after you GET your LIST number ! Its a long process bro ! Gotta be patient ..

Damn that's crazy.. Did you have the basic score (70)? I think Im going to get a 75 cause I took the HazMat class too. Hopefully that helps with getting a good number on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Damn that's crazy.. Did you have the basic score (70)? I think Im going to get a 75 cause I took the HazMat class too. Hopefully that helps with getting a good number on the list

Yeah i had a basic 70 .. I think it does help if u GET a 75 ! True

ChrisG2

Forum Probie
lol we'll see what happens. Thanks again, and good luck in the academy!

5 points is big man, i was in the mid 1200's and fought for 5 points that weren't given to me and the honored it and no im in the high 400's. Goodluck dude!

13r0w3r

Forum Ride Along
5 points is big man, i was in the mid 1200's and fought for 5 points that weren't given to me and the honored it and no im in the high 400's. Goodluck dude!

Wow good for you, that's awesome! Yea I heard 5 points can make a huge difference. My buddy took the HAZMAT and the EVOC so he's probably gonna get an 80. He's gonna be like in the first class lol. Should be hearing back any day now!

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
I herd that you can be disqualified for having moving violations on your license can someone clarify more, does that mean if I have a speeding ticket I can never join FDNY?

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Haven't been on here in a while, wanted to see how you doing ? how's the academy so far for you.
Before you know it you will be out here in the hustle lol.
Have you done rotations yet ?
Thanks man ! You were always great help for me when i had questions ! Its going good so far ! We graduate first week of february ! Yeah Ive done about 5 days of rotations so far ! A lot of fun Stuff haha

Fdnyhopeful33

Forum Ride Along
Thanks man ! You were always great help for me when i had questions ! Its going good so far ! We graduate first week of february ! Yeah Ive done about 5 days of rotations so far ! A lot of fun Stuff haha
Hey whatsup bro. U graduate first week of February? Or around February 8,9? Good luck rest of way

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Good to hear !
how is the AM class working for you ? Hope the am class was a good fit for your schedule. did you find a carpool ? and glad to hear your doing good. before you know it you will be out in the streets.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I honestly don't know why FDNY is such a big deal.....
Best department in the world and it's not even close so yes, that's why it's a big deal to many. This patch opens up doors to anything you want to do or anywhere you want to go. Whether EMS or fire, you'll never know what it truly means to be a part of the FDNY brotherhood unless you've experienced it yourself. I've wanted this since I was 5 and now that I'm here; I never ONCE looked back in my decision to join the greatest department in the world at such a young age with the sacrifices I have made when many of my friends are still only in college and living freely.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Good to hear !
how is the AM class working for you ? Hope the am class was a good fit for your schedule. did you find a carpool ? and glad to hear your doing good. before you know it you will be out in the streets.
I love tour 2 man ! Its been so much fun ! Believe it or not, Ive been taking public transportation and its been working ever since ! I just wake up really early to give myself extra time, Haha ! Not carpooling with anyone! Lol but yeah man, 5 weeks left i think ! Im ready :)

njp5178

Forum Probie
So when would be the next ems to fire promotional? If it goes with the OC would it be 2023? Trying to figure this out because I'm 24 years old and not in the academy yet.. would hate to pursue and not have a shot to move to fire

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
The next filing for OC is April 5th of this year.

Not sure what the exact timeframe is for the next promotional, but I think it's usually around 5 years.