FDNY EMS Candidates

anon101

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, not really sure if this is the place to post this question so sorry if it's not.

I applied to exam #7000 in August of last year for EMT and am expecting to be in by end of this year or beginning of next year hopefully. My goal is to either become a Firefighter or Paramedic for FDNY ... the FF exam is coming up in April. My question is if I should apply/take the exam? Will it be "quicker" just going through EMS and taking it pointless? I want to just in case but I don't want to be disqualified from taking the promotional exam down the road if that's the way I end up going.

So I guess my question is basically if I apply for the open competitive will I be disqualified from taking the promotional? Or if would taking it pose any complications later?

Thanks!!!

anon101

Forum Ride Along
^edit *Should prob say hope to be in some time next year? End of this might be wishful thinking. Thanks again.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
I took the 6003 test September 2015, got my number March 2016, did my physical agility test in September 2016, did my intake interview January 2017. It takes about 6 months (usually) to get your list number.

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Why, thank you. Anxiously but patiently waiting since July. With my fingers crossed. Congrats on the intake interview!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
anyone know what list number they are up to on list 6003? i herd the class thats in now will be graduation within a couple of weeks

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
I took the 6003 test September 2015, got my number March 2016, did my physical agility test in September 2016, did my intake interview January 2017. It takes about 6 months (usually) to get your list number.
whats an intake interview? is that when you go see the quartermaster?

EMS93

Forum Probie
Hey everyone , I applied to fdny Emt in September 2015 . Exam #6003 listing number 99x . I finished everything by the end of October . Does anyone know more or less what academy I would be in ? Thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone , I applied to fdny Emt in September 2015 . Exam #6003 listing number 991 . I finished everything by the end of October . Does anyone know more or less what academy I would be in ? Thanks .

my friend told me that feb 14th should be the next start date of the next class

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
im hearing next academy is in march. Can anyone confirm this my investigator didnt really give me a clear answer.

EMS93

Forum Probie
Hey everyone , I applied to fdny Emt in September 2015 . Exam #6003 listing number 991 . I finished everything by the end of October . Does anyone know more or less what academy I would be in ? Thanks .

im hearing next academy is in march. Can anyone confirm this my investigator didnt really give me a clear answer.[/QUOTE

It's feb 14 . Some people already received their letters for it . I just don't know what listing # they were .

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
My friend who is the academy at the moment said March 6th. The instructors are taking a break.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey guys, not really sure if this is the place to post this question so sorry if it's not.

I applied to exam #7000 in August of last year for EMT and am expecting to be in by end of this year or beginning of next year hopefully. My goal is to either become a Firefighter or Paramedic for FDNY ... the FF exam is coming up in April. My question is if I should apply/take the exam? Will it be "quicker" just going through EMS and taking it pointless? I want to just in case but I don't want to be disqualified from taking the promotional exam down the road if that's the way I end up going.

So I guess my question is basically if I apply for the open competitive will I be disqualified from taking the promotional? Or if would taking it pose any complications later?

Thanks!!!

Well the promo just passed, so it'll be quicker with open competitive. Next promo is prob 4 years from now and I heard you'll need 5 years vs 2 years now.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

Most likely you'll miss this upcoming class in March. You'll most likely be placed in July class.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Next academy class is scheduled to be in March not feb

emt117

Forum Lieutenant

What was your score if you don't mind me asking

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
whats an intake interview? is that when you go see the quartermaster?

Intake interview is the first official step of being looked at by fdny in terms of who you really are. The intake interview you hand in a package of info that they give you. The info will be whatever they ask from you including where you went to school where you work(ed) etc. You must tell them EVERYTHING they ask you. Leave nothing out. After that is the medical, etc.

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
Intake interview is the first official step of being looked at by fdny in terms of who you really are. The intake interview you hand in a package of info that they give you. The info will be whatever they ask from you including where you went to school where you work(ed) etc. You must tell them EVERYTHING they ask you. Leave nothing out. After that is the medical, etc.

oh ok, i did that stuff already.... i called my investigator the other day she said hang tight to me