Fav down time spots

Chris EMT J

Forum Lieutenant
Where do you guys like to hangout when you have down time?

For me obviously restaurants and parks.
I am night shift typically so my fav restaurants that are open during my shift is taco bell and mc Donald's. Sometimes I will hit Starbucks before I go to work but when I need coffee during shift I like Weigel's. We also have a historical site in my coverage area so we like to park with the ranger and hangout also have a few hiking trails we like to hangout at. (We don't have a base to stay at)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I used to work the midnight shift and spent the nights in a Type II vanbulance.

Church parking lots, massive parking lots behind business offices, and fire station parking lots.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In my bedroom or watching a movie with my partners.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
In a station, often on a couch. sometimes sleeping on a couch or in the bunk room.

if I'm feeling restless, my partner and I would go to one of the three parks in our area, open the doors, and enjoy the fresh air.

To be honest, I try to avoid commercial locations, unless I am getting food at said location. Too many Karens looking to complain about the ambulance running and destroying the environment, or management saying we are burning diesel and costing money, or we shouldn't be out in the public while at work (yes, I had someone walk up to my truck and complain when my partner was running into the bank)

If I'm at a station that doesn't have a base, I try to hide out of sight of the public whenever possible.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
North Fork ______ River....Cool slot canyons up there. Great place to wet a fly or cast a spinner....

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Parking lot at the Indianapolis Zoo was great, especially with a new partner when the Mountain lion was noisy (sounds just like a screaming lady).

Friday/Saturday nights: in an alley between 2 dance clubs downtown, along with 5 other ambulances; we would actually get runs from the drunks and OD's out of the clubs, and the county ambulances that were hanging there would let the privates take them.