Falck - or the 900-pound gorilla no one is aware of

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Falck is going to take over the EMS and Fire world. Just watch. I do really want to know what they pay their medics. I've looked everywhere I can online but can't find out. However, I do hear they treat their oversea people well. We shall see if that makes it across the Atlantic here. I know at CARE we haven't seen anything remotely looking like a pay increase.

bball4robert

Forum Ride Along
Does anybody know how much falk pays their emt's in north California?

waffleiron

Forum Probie
American Ambulance in CT is not related to the American Ambulance in South FL/Massachusetts. South FL American and American in Mass are the same company, and one of my buddies that works there mentioned something about them being bought out by Falck.

Cianyde

Forum Ride Along
I'll chime in since I work for Care in Alabama. We originally came from the Care in California, and from what I understand, they let us keep the Care name when we branched off. Care is still part of LifeStar Response on the east coast, but Falck "acquired" us a few months ago. I haven't really noticed any big changes since they took over, though. There were some management changes, all for the better. We got some of the E-series Zoll monitors which was nice. Got some new Toughbooks to go with them as well.

And the tones go off.

Madball

Forum Probie
I can confirm that they are starting up operations in Contra Costa County in Norcal, but I have no idea what their plans are.

Roofiem

Forum Ride Along
For those inquiring about EMT and Medic pay for Falck, go to falcknc .com (Can't link, I'm a new user). Go to Careers, then Compensation and Benefits. It notes all positions, their pay and commissions that can be expected.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
According to Falck's US website, their headquarters is in Bothell WA. A friend of mine that works for Rural Metro is probably going to apply if they get approved to run ambulances in Washington.

Just looked at their website for the Northern California division, EMT tops out at $50,000 a year, Medic $76,000 and CCT Medic $88,000. They also pay you an additional commission per call. https://falcknc.falck.jobs/variables/read/19

Last edited by a moderator:

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
According to Falck's US website, their headquarters is in Bothell WA. A friend of mine that works for Rural Metro is probably going to apply if they get approved to run ambulances in Washington.

Just looked at their website for the Northern California division, EMT tops out at $50,000 a year, Medic $76,000 and CCT Medic $88,000. They also pay you an additional commission per call. https://falcknc.falck.jobs/variables/read/19

do you, or anyone else, have more info on falck NW? i saw they were hiring EMTs and medics but if they aren't running ambulances yet then what are they hiring for? special events, etc?

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
do you, or anyone else, have more info on falck NW? i saw they were hiring EMTs and medics but if they aren't running ambulances yet then what are they hiring for? special events, etc?

I don't know much more , I heard they took on some admin staff from Rural Metro but I am not aware of them being approved by the DOH to start field operations.

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Yeah they're taking apps for nor cal operations, inviting people to stop by their ops as well. Definitely makes me wonder..coco contract is up in june I believe. Sounds like they'd be ready to swoop that up.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
i have an interview with Falck NW tomorrow! they got brand spankin new ambulances and equipment shipped in! the operations HQ building is super nice too, i drove to it the other day. i'll let you all know how it goes!

DMT

Forum Ride Along
I don't know how good their land based stuff is, but I work for Falck offshore in the gulf of mexico oilfield. They treat me pretty well and the pay is pretty good out here! They seem to be growing all the time...

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Good to hear oogem and DMT.

If anyone has more info on falck norcal then please feel free to let me in on it. Not quite sure if I want to jump ship just yet.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I see Falck NW is hiring paramedics. Are they planning on going after 911 or just IFT? Are they planning on running medics into king county?

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
I see Falck NW is hiring paramedics. Are they planning on going after 911 or just IFT? Are they planning on running medics into king county?

So far they plan to do BLS and CCT in Snohomish, king and pierce counties. Not sure about 911, I hope they do! It'd make sense because they're kind of in an area without 911 bls coverage by any other company....as far as I know.. I'll get back to you on that today

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'd gather they'll be hiring RNs if they plan to do CCT in King. Both AMR and TriMed were told, in no uncertain terms, that paramedics would not be allowed to do CCT calls in King. I hope they make a go of it.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
oh yeah, so, the interview went good! They will be doing IFT for now with 4 BLS cars and a CCT based in Mountlake Terrace and another CCT in Pierce county. I guess they will be trying to get some 911 contracts around south snohomish where there are BLS gaps so hopefully that works out. and sounds like they are pretty set on expanding, getting more ambulances etc. I should hear back within this week!