Falck - or the 900-pound gorilla no one is aware of

oneangryfilm

Forum Probie
Apologies in advance if I've missed any details, but does anyone have any word on Falck Contra Costa? I put in my app earlier this week and I imagine it'll be awhile before I hear back.

PNW EMT

Forum Probie
I see Falck NW is hiring paramedics. Are they planning on going after 911 or just IFT? Are they planning on running medics into king county?

Snohomish County has approved and is in the process of finalizing protocols for CCT-Paramedics to do interfacility transport. The thought is that there are many "BLS with a monitor" type calls that can be handled by a private ALS unit thus freeing up CCT-RN units for really sick patients. When CCT-RN units are not available the fire dept medic units end up doing trauma transfers to HMC, balloon pump patients, etc which they would obviously prefer not to be used for.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'd like to see the protocols when they're done, if you can post them...

The NW region (Kitsap, Mason, Clallam) has some decent standing orders for CCT medics. As a CCT medic in Bremerton I took some incredibly complicated patients across the water to HMC when the helo couldn't fly. The idea of a nurse car was foreign to those folks. Although, I did get extra help on balloon pumps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
The falcon is landed in Germany to..:blink:
The CEO of Falck Germany is the Former Head of Malteser Germany.

They won the rescue service tender in Pulheim near Cologne in North Rhine Westfalia. This is now the 4th rescue Service in this year which Falck assumes in Germany. In the recent years, the Malteser relief service was active in the Professional rescue service of the City Pulheim.

In Spree Neisse district in Brandenburg and in the City of Herten in North Rhine Westphalia was the German Red Cross aktiv in the Professional EMS and in ambulance transport service.

The first private ambulance transport which Falck bought was the Rescue Service Herzig in the City Hamm in North Rhine Westphalia in September 2012.

Falck has announced to change the complete Situation of the ambulance service in Germany. I do not know what I should think about that. What I always Listen here at the Hospitals from Personal is that they pay poorly.

It would interest me the truth about Falck....:huh:

TheCity

Forum Ride Along
Does anybody know if this company is a good opportunity in Northern California? I'M reading mixed pay, mixed feelings, mixed operations, etc. Anybody who works out here have any information, that would be great, thanks! :)

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
If the checks clear, go for it.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Any new news of FalckNW? A few friends of mine got phone calls today asking them to come in for interviews.

NomadicMedic

A buddy of mine is a shift lead there. He says its a huge improvement from where he was.

PNW EMT

Forum Probie
Falck NW

From what I understand from several friends who work there Falck NW is going to change (for the better) the private ambulance industry in the pacific northwest. They are raising the bar and making a huge impression on the market. I was told by a friend at "another company" that Falck has just secured one of the major contracts they previously held. So far all I have heard is good things. The company is all about supporting the boots on the ground and giving them the resources they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability and carry on the good name of the organization. Quality top of the line uniforms, supplies, equipment, and brand new vehicles. They are supposed to be hiring a bunch of EMTs, Dispatchers, and wheelchair van drivers in the next few weeks. Get your apps in!

https://falcknw.falck.jobs/

Madball

Forum Probie
From what I understand from several friends who work there Falck NW is going to change (for the better) the private ambulance industry in the pacific northwest. They are raising the bar and making a huge impression on the market. I was told by a friend at "another company" that Falck has just secured one of the major contracts they previously held. So far all I have heard is good things. The company is all about supporting the boots on the ground and giving them the resources they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability and carry on the good name of the organization. Quality top of the line uniforms, supplies, equipment, and brand new vehicles. They are supposed to be hiring a bunch of EMTs, Dispatchers, and wheelchair van drivers in the next few weeks. Get your apps in!

https://falcknw.falck.jobs/

That entire post sounded very vague. Can you better explain what you are talking about? How are they changing the industry? What contracts do they have? What are the "good things" you've heard? Honestly your post just sounded like an advertisement. Also, I heard AMR just got an extension on their 911 contract in CoCo, so if they aren't trying for 911 in that county what are they doing exactly that would make them different from the other 8 ambulance companies already doing business there?

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Falck recently acquired the contract with Evergreen in Kirkland. Interesting to see them getting established! They do have their trauma license so the technically can do 911 calls, but they say they are focused on interfacility transports. Anddddd apparently they've been "blacklisted" by a number of FDs.
Also! looks like they have operations up and running in San Diego now! They're growing quick!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What did they do to get blacklisted?

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
What did they do to get blacklisted?

No clue! I don't think they did anything. I just know Snohomish county FDs had a meeting and they all decided not to use them... probably just because they're new and everyone feels threatened so being hostile is kind of everybody's first reaction.

NomadicMedic

I'd be careful posting things like, "they've been blackballed". That's an act of collusion and certainly actionable by Falck, if it is indeed happening.

Meth0dz19

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know any EMTs for Falck Ambulance in Northern Cali? Im not sure if I should apply since im currently working with IFT Rural Metro. If anyone knows there hourly pay rate that will help me decide ^_^ Also I heard Falck has call bonuses and long distance bonuses, anyone know exactly how that works? ex; after 2 calls you get 10 bucks. anyways I appreciate the help.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just found out Falck owns Lifestar ambulance on the east coast as well. I wasn't aware it had expanded from the west, and apparently it's now the third largest private ambulance company in the US. It's certainly interesting to see how quickly it has spread, and from what I hear, it could be good for the market as a whole.

leoemt

Forum Captain
Falck recently acquired the contract with Evergreen in Kirkland. Interesting to see them getting established! They do have their trauma license so the technically can do 911 calls, but they say they are focused on interfacility transports. Anddddd apparently they've been "blacklisted" by a number of FDs.
Also! looks like they have operations up and running in San Diego now! They're growing quick!

They didn't get blacklisted. They are non union. Most fire departments wont allow non-union ambulances to transport their patients. At least thats how it is in the Seattle area, can't speak for the rest of the areas. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already pissed off the fire departments though.

My gut feeling is they are slowly buying Rural / Metro. If you read some of the press realeases they are taking over Rural / Metro areas.

They are expanding here in WA and quite frankly from what I have seen I am not impressed. I talked to one of their CCT RN's when he couldn't get into the hospital and he was completely clueless. Looked about 50, couldn't grasp the door code even though I told him about 5 times (and yes I told him the correct code), uniform was filthy and he was missing teeth. Watched him try to load a patient and he couldn't figure out the stretcher.

Definately not something I am worried about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
They didn't get blacklisted. They are non union. Most fire departments wont allow non-union ambulances to transport their patients. At least thats how it is in the Seattle area, can't speak for the rest of the areas. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already pissed off the fire departments though.

My gut feeling is they are slowly buying Rural / Metro. If you read some of the press realeases they are taking over Rural / Metro areas.

They are expanding here in WA and quite frankly from what I have seen I am not impressed. I talked to one of their CCT RN's when he couldn't get into the hospital and he was completely clueless. Looked about 50, couldn't grasp the door code even though I told him about 5 times (and yes I told him the correct code), uniform was filthy and he was missing teeth. Watched him try to load a patient and he couldn't figure out the stretcher.

Definately not something I am worried about.

I thinkthat just like amr it will varry by region.

What's going on with Care ambulance in Socal? It seems that after Falck bought them I haven't heard too much about aggressive expansion. Looking at the big picture though, they are somewhat limited. They can't try to grab very much new territory in LA county since a majority of the contracts aren't up until 2016, not counting renewal options.

Orange county is a mixed bag in itself. Which leads us to RIVERSIDE and SAN BERNARDINO COUNTIES. Both of those contracts will be up very soon and it would be interesting to see if Care finally gets paramedics on board to present a bid for those counties since they are run EMT/MEDIC.

I wonder if the purchase of Mccormick falling through affected their original plans of expansion in the Socal market. What are they up to?