Everyone Please help!!

indyingdays07

Forum Probie
I finished my basic EMT class in December of 2008 I took my nremt-b in February and failed. It has now been 6 months since I took my EMT class. I have been reviewing my Brady Prehospital emergency care 8th edition for a few weeks now but im worried about the time elapsed between my class and my test. I was top of my class but didn’t study before I took my exam the first time and I failed due to under preparation and over confidence. Now that 6 months have passed and im ready to hit it hard core where should I begin what should I do, how should I go about preparing for this exam, I know I need to study that a given…. Please help I need advice !!! what would you do ??

thank you

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
OK, first, slow down and take a deep breath. Now then; you stated that underpreparation and overconfidence was a factor in your previous test; it sounds like that won't be an issue now. As for what to study, have you looked at your Registry Skill sheets? Those little goldmines are the basis for a lot of questions and you should know them inside-out, upside-down and backwards. Don't just look at the assessment skills, there can be questions on everything you learned in class, so don't neglect the O2 administration and bleeding control skills either. Try web resources like www.emtb.com; they have free practice tests. Review your class notes and don't forget the practice quizzes in the book, including end-of-unit/chapter reviews; they can be helpful. Others have been in your shoes and have succeeded, and so can you. Best of luck!

compora19

Forum Probie
Hey all, first post here :) I am in the same boat, i waited a month after the class ended to take my test and went in thinkin it was going to be easy and failed. Everyone in my class says the NR is based off the objectives at the beginning of the chapters. Im really not so sure ill believe it right now, i have gone through and wrote them out and it seems to be quite easy to base a license on....anyone else have opinions on that?

chad bullock

Forum Probie
I just took the exam and passed, during class I really studied the flashcards on EMTB.com and although there wasn't any "definition" questions on my exam knowing most of them helped me rule out a few answers. I also prepared for my test by learning blood pressures for adults, children, and infants. Also pulse and respiratory rates. While in class and preparing for my practicals I wrote the assessments over and over (around 100 times each) and I could say those word for word in my sleep. Knowing the assessment steps as mentioned above is very important. It seems as though some of the questions are based on what will kill the patient first. Just work hard and good luck.

OP
OP
I

indyingdays07

Forum Probie
nremt

I havent really looked over anything other than my book. I started at chapter one and have been reading through taking notes on the important facts. How are those study guide books? I went to my local library and checked out a few...I believe where I failed my test were simple bls skills that i neglected to review like the vitals and loc, abc

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I havent really looked over anything other than my book. I started at chapter one and have been reading through taking notes on the important facts. How are those study guide books? I went to my local library and checked out a few...I believe where I failed my test were simple bls skills that i neglected to review like the vitals and loc, abc

Hence, maybe your problem... What did you think the test would be over?

R/r 911

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
I believe where I failed my test were simple bls skills that i neglected to review like the vitals and loc, abc

Sweet merciful Buddha... Is there anything taught in EMT Class that doesn't fall under the category of "simple BLS skills"?

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
just hammer the basics. also, like someone said, know your skills sheets. specifically, know your pt. assessment sheet really well, because a lot of questions(at least for me) were the order in which you would do things, and if you can just think over that sheet in your mind it basically guides you through the order or everything.

as for online quizzes, go to the sticky named "nremt practice tests" or something like that, and click the bottom link. free to create an account, and provides access to a lot of good questions.

JPINFV

Gadfly
ABC? So many meanings to pick from.

Airway, book, chair. Always bring clipboard. Ambulate before carry.