EMTLife "Gathering" 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
OK, since it doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere with planning this thing, I figured I'd step up and see what we can agree on.

We have already said Orlando would be cool for most people, so as of right now, that will be our location.

Please either PM me or post your preferences on the following. Give me a range and try to be flexible, so that I can accomodate as many as possible.

1. What date range would work best for you?

2. How long should this thing be? 3 days, 3 years, give me an idea.

3. What kind of activities would you like to see? Disney, Universal, Sea World, Medival Times, etc.

4. What class of hotel would you prefer (dirt cheap, decent, nicer, on-property at a theme park).

5. What is your maximum $$ that you could spend for airfare & hotel (keep in mind you will still need to eat once in a while, unless you pack lots of glucose gel).

6. How many people would be in your party (you & a guest, etc)

7. Any other comments/suggestions?

Please get this info to me by 1200 hours June 28th so I can look into some possibilities and let you all know what I find. :D

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Anything is fine

A long weekend would suffice

3. What kind of activities would you like to see? Disney, Universal, Sea World, Medival Times, etc.
anything that could be scraped together

4. What class of hotel would you prefer (dirt cheap, decent, nicer, on-property at a theme park).
Cost is a big thing for me

5. What is your maximum $$ that you could spend for airfare & hotel (keep in mind you will still need to eat once in a while, unless you pack lots of glucose gel).
see question 4

2 (myself and someone else ( NOT JON!)

smoking rooms would be a nice thing

vtemti

Forum Captain
*Anytime April through October (I can't get away during the winter)

*A long weekend

*Whatever the group wants

*Decent but fairly inexpensive

*Whatever you can come up with, I will try to work with

*If you could come up with some sort of hotel group rate, we could take care of our own travel. This would be easier on you.

If I can be of any help to you from this end, let me know.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
August - November

Five Days

Rent some old classic ambulances and race on a freeway like on Mother Jugs & Speed.. Disney. Universal. Fake drowning at sea world. Contact the press.

All I do is sleep at a hotel anyway. We could sleep in the rented ambulances.

I can't fly. I am deathly afraid of flying, I'd need lots of valium. LOTS. SO I'd prolly drive. Maybe I could drive my cadillac ambulance down.

We may be moving, so I can't promise I could attend.

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 02:02 PM
I can't fly. I am deathly afraid of flying, I'd need lots of valium. LOTS. SO I'd prolly drive. .
Where were you from? Correct me if im wrong, PA. Do I need to fly there first and hold your hand for the rest of the trip? No Valium, just alot of Tequilla!!!!!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by vtemti+Jun 21 2005, 02:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vtemti @ Jun 21 2005, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 02:02 PM
I can't fly. I am deathly afraid of flying, I'd need lots of valium. LOTS. SO I'd prolly drive. .
Where were you from? Correct me if im wrong, PA. Do I need to fly there first and hold your hand for the rest of the trip? No Valium, just alot of Tequilla!!!!! [/b][/quote]
ummm... i'm not ttlwhkr... i have no problem with planes... i would even try to turn in my frequent flyer miles to get there.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie

Anything is fine, but school starts in August.

I think a weekend is best

Anything cheap, and serves alchohol. (preferably margaritas)

Dirt cheap (and smoking room too)

Again Dirt cheap (but we only live 4 hours from Orlando, so travel isn't a big deal)

Husband and I, We'll bring the kids if my in laws can't watch them, but if that happens, I'll take care of anything extra for them.

It'll be fun. Can't wait.

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

I'd rather not turn it into a convention, then we'd have to learn stuff. I just wanna hang out, drink, go to some parks, and have a debaucherously good time.

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jun 21 2005, 02:36 PM
I'd rather not turn it into a convention, then we'd have to learn stuff. I just wanna hang out, drink, go to some parks, and have a debaucherously good time.
Corruption, good choice.....................Amen to that!

emtbuff

Forum Captain

During the summer school starts in August and teachers are really strict about missing class.

A long weekend

What ever we decide we want to do.

I would say decent. I would think that if we had a huge group to gether the hotels would consider a lower rate.

I thought we descuesed that the glucose gel tasted nasty.
What ever it is I would probley need to start saving now.

me and possibley a guest If I could find someone willing to take the time off to go with me.

It would be a good time.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by vtemti+Jun 21 2005, 01:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vtemti @ Jun 21 2005, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Jun 21 2005, 02:02 PM
Where were you from? Correct me if im wrong, PA. Do I need to fly there first and hold your hand for the rest of the trip? No Valium, just alot of Tequilla!!!!! [/b][/quote]
Well, if you plan on getting me drunk to fly.. you better bring lots of Dextrose along w/ the valium b/c too much alcohol put me into diabetic shock. :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Late July or August (Maybe Early September)

Weekend / Long Weekend

We could go to Disney, and provide EMS standby for that Mission: Space ride...
Seriously - Disney would be cool, Universal would be cool

Decent, inexpensive - Maybe we could camp at the disney on property campground (similar cost to cheapo hotel 3 miles away(

Don't Know.... Maybe I'd take a train, too....

Me, myself, and I (Can I get an extra large bed :D )

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Hey there! Myself and someone else on here are both from Orlando...I'm about 10 minutes from Disney, 1 mile from Universal ect. I'd be willing to help you guys out cause I got "hook ups" around here. I'm not sure how many of you are from around here, but unless you know what part of town your stayin in, and have actually been here to look, it could be scary. It's all about marketing around here. I can tell you, Disney would be a nice place to stay such as Pop-Century, but very kidish. Universal has 3 resorts BUT, verrrry spendy. I know of a few places that are nice, but inexpensive. Also, my best friend is DM here for Enterprise, so I could hook up up with a car. Also, I have a 2 bed room 2 bath condo, so whoever replys first, gets to stay with me ;) haha, jk, but if there is a personal issue ($), I wouldn't have a problem. As you all say....just my 2 cents

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
October/November or early part of next year is best for me (and nicer weather for the Orlando area). I'm on duty the weekends of Oct. 15 and Nov. 4 and 25.

Long weekend would be good. I don't have many vacation days left for this year.

I'm up for anything. Disney's always fun, but I've done that often enough (and will be going to a week-long conference in Orlando next year) that its not real critical for me. If we do Disney, I'd vote for EPCOT, but Magic Kingdom is good too. Haven't gotten to the new Universal park (Islands of Adventure?), so that would also be good. Sea World doesn't do much for me.

Also wouldn't mind a field trip to the E-One fire apparatus plant in Ocala, but that's about 80 miles away and I'm more of a fire geek than some of y'all. :p

I prefer a nice mid-range hotel...something along the lines of a Courtyard, Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn (there's a nice Holiday Inn just outside of Disney...West Gate area, I think they call it). On-property at the parks is pricey...I might do that if I was gonna be there for a week with the family for a vacation, but probably not the best option for this.

I probably have enough miles on one of my airline programs to take care of that (from flying 2-3 times a month for my last job).

Possibly me and my wife (don't think we'd bring the baby), but might be just me depending on when it is.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by shorthairedpunk@Jun 22 2005, 06:34 PM
will there be hookers?
I'm sure you can talk Minnie Mouse into a Quickie in one of them tiny houses.

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Jun 22 2005, 11:18 AM
Decent, inexpensive - Maybe we could camp at the disney on property campground (similar cost to cheapo hotel 3 miles away(
Great idea! You camp, Jon, and I'll be down the road at one of the Disney resorts. :p

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader

July - early August I'm flexible. Starting in early August I teach M-F and am allowed two "sick days" for the entire year. I have a teachers schedule though, so I get all the regular breaks.

A couple of days?

I'll go with the group on this one

I'll go for a decent hotel

I'll be okay

Most likely just me

Good job for starting this up! I owe you a beer, or one of those girly drinks that girls like you drink :)

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MMiz@Jun 24 2005, 03:07 AM
Good job for starting this up! I owe you a beer, or one of those girly drinks that girls like you drink :)
Since when are straight shots of tequila girly? The guys from VT might have something to say about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.